2nd Arc Part 15: Logic Dive

"We shouldn't listen to anything Maki says. She's just gonna throw out more lies." Kokichi told us.

"But we should listen to her testimony. If she's telling the truth, it will be crucial to the case." Kaede responded.

"I already told you that isn't the case!" Kokichi yelled. "I hate liars! Liar, liar, pants on fire!"

"You're one to talk..." Himiko sighed.

"Maki, just ignore that lying little degenerate! We'll listen to what you have to say!" Tenko said.

"It was around 10 a.m. when I went to talk to Miu." Maki began. "Rin had asked her to make a lock for my Research Lab, so I figured I might as well thank her for it. So, when I found her, I offered to give her the motive video I got, which happened to be hers."

"Motive video?" Gonta repeated.

"Why would you offer to give Miu her own motive video? Especially when we agreed to not swap them with each other?" Kiyo asked.

"It was the only thing I had that she might want. I only checked the start of the Kubs Pad I got today, and I was lucky to get her video." Maki answered. "When I told her I was willing to give it to her, Miu seemed hesitant, but in the end, she agreed. I told her that she could just take the Kubs Pad from my room since I was busy doing stuff in my lab. It was fine since I tend to keep my room unlocked, but she insisted I watch the video with her just in case there was something really bad in the video."

"Wow Maki, that's super careless, leaving your room unlocked all the time," Kokichi said in an innocent tone. "Aren't you scared of someone killing you in your sleep?"

I really doubt Maki has to worry about that at all.

Maki didn't respond to Kokichi's question, just brushing it aside with a shrug.

"Miu wanted to see her video, though?" Rantaro questioned. "I suppose I can't blame her for that. When given the chance, I watched mine, even when I didn't care what might be on it."

"And then what happened?" Gonta asked.

"Nothing. I waited outside my lab like we agreed and waited for her to come with the video. I didn't care about watching the video, but since I was doing this to thank her, I figured I might as well do as she asked. But she never came. I waited until nighttime and then went back to my room.

"If Miu never came to the meeting you were supposed to have, then Miu must have been killed right after she got away from Gonta at 8 p.m.!" Kaito shouted. "That means Rantaro and Maki can't be our only suspects anymore! This opens up other possibilities!"

"If that's true..." Kiyo stated.

"It's true..." Maki said, pulling one of her twin tails with a puffy face.

"Then why did you wait until now to bring that up?" Keebo asked.

"I didn't say anything until now because I wasn't in the mood to be suspected," Maki replied in a tired tone.

"Suspected? What for?" Himiko asked.

"Miu and I were supposed to meet up together, but now she's dead. That's pretty fishy, right? I didn't want to be suspected that I did something to her when she arrived at the meeting, so I avoided mentioning it." Maki explained.

"Y-You weren't in the mood to be suspected...?" Kaede repeated.

"That's pretty selfish of you. We could have used that information to find the culprit much sooner." Ryoma rebuked with an angry expression.

"Well, whatever. Either way, let's just believe Maki." Kaito said.

"Yes, yes. Those who believe will be saved!" Angie cheered.