1st Arc Part 14: My Class Trial, Our Class Trial

CLASS TRIAL IN SESSION

"Now then, let's begin with a basic explanation of the class trial," Monokuma said. "During the class trial, you will present your arguments for who the culprit is and vote for 'whodunit'. Vote correctly, and only the blackened will be punished. But if you pick the wrong person, I'll punish everyone besides the blackened, and that person will graduate from this academy! Also, refusing to vote will result in your death, so you better vote for someone! Now, let's get this crazy, awesome, crazy-awesome trial underway!"

"So, it's starting, huh?" Kaede said solemnly.

"Ah-haha, oh man, I haven't been in a trial in, like, forever!" Kokichi said.

"Oh, so you have experience with trials...?" Tsumugi asked.

"Yeah, since I'm a leader of evil and stuff. I've done a loooot of bad things." Kokichi said proudly with a pose.

"So, what are we supposed to do?" Kaito asked. "Where do we even start?"

"Gonta never done trial before... Not sure where to begin..." Gonta stated.

"First, let's breathe in! And breathe out! We need to remember our 'No, No, No's'!" Tenko said before saying: "No pushing! No running! No talking!"

"But communication is the foundation of any discussion!" Keebo pointed out, backing a bit away from his spot next to Tenko.

"Keebo's right, we need to start discussing things," Rantaro stated.

"Exactly. This isn't a normal trial after all." I agreed. "In this sort of situation, you could say that each of us will be and can be acting as either a lawyer, prosecutor, jury member, or even culprit. With that in mind, we should begin talking about the case."

"Then might I offer the first topic?" Kiyo asked.

"Don't fuckin' get ahead of us! Ya tryin' to start some shit!?" Miu yelled angrily.

"C-Calm down... How about we listen first?" Kaede suggested.

"Atua has spoken... He says it is vital that we hear everyone's testimony." Angie said.

"I'm a good listener cuz my ears are clean. Once, I cleaned them so hard they bled." Himiko added for no reason.

"Why are you bringing that up?" I asked.

"I'll begin the conversation, then. There's something...I found curious: Why, I wonder, did Monokuma take away the First Blood Perk?" Kiyo asked.

"I thought that was strange, too!" Tsumugi exclaimed.

"Didn't he say that it was because the culprit wanted a class trial instead of leaving?" Ryoma asked.

"Then doesn't that mean Rinny is the culprit? He seemed really happy that the class trial was happening." Kokichi said.

Everyone looked at me, causing me to sigh.

"I will admit, Monokuma taking away the First Blood Perk did make me happy. The reason why?" I asked before showing a malicious grin. "If the culprit couldn't escape with the perk, then they'll definitely die in the trial. I'll be able to avenge Kirumi and fix my mistake."

"Fix your mistake?" Shuichi asked. Before he could ask more, Miu interrupted.

"If it's not the white hair fucker, then it's Monokuma! Duh-doy! This whole class trial was his idea!" She said. "Hoo-yeah! Easy-peasy! I'm a fuckin' genius!"

"Wait, is it even possible for Monokuma to be the culprit?" Kaito asked.

"Of course not. I would never do anything to you guys directly." Monokuma giggled.