2nd Arc Part 12: Alibis and Deception

As we were looking around, we saw Himiko and Angie examining something.

"What are you two looking at?"

"It's most certainly interesting!" Angie cheered as she picked it up and showed me. "Look at this. I found it near Miu's body! This will most certainly become crucial evidence. So says Atua."

"...Angie, that's a small piece of fabric." I deadpanned.

"Nyahaha! That's right! A small, torn piece of purple fabric. It feels like it's made of cotton and polyester. I can tell since I've worked with material like this for some of my art. That means it must be from some kind of clothing." Angie told me. "It must be clothing the culprit left behind! So it must be important evidence as I said!"

I took another look at the torn piece of fabric and got a sinking feeling. Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

Truth Bullet Obtained: Torn Piece of Fabric

"Have you two found anything else?" Rantaro asked.

"Nyeeeh...not really. This place is full of strange junk. It's hard to tell if any of it is related or not." Himiko sighed. "Not to mention I'm tired from yesterday, and that's making it harder for me to focus."

"Are you talking about the Insect Meet and Greet?" I asked.

"Yeah. We were trapped inside Gonta's lab for hours until you and Kokichi got back. And then after that, it was already nighttime, so Angie and I couldn't finish setting things up for the magic show. We had to get up early to finish in time."

"Sorry about that again." I apologized.

"Nyeeeh...I don't really care about it anymore." Himiko said before entering a praying position. "Atua always forgives others, so I must too."

"Right..." I said nervously. "But the Insect Meet and Greet...it might end up being important later on. Perhaps we should make note of who was there."

"Well, I remember that when Himiko and I were brought in by Gonta that Kaede, Shuichi, Kaito, Keebo, Kiyo, and Tenko were already in there, along with you, Ryoma, and Kokichi of course," Angie told me.

"Then you, Kokichi, and Ryoma left us alone with Gonta, leaving us to suffer with his thousands of bugs..." Himiko said with a distraught expression.

"...Sorry about that again." I once again apologized.

"I'm starting to be really happy I stayed in my room during this time." Rantaro laughed a bit.

"So what were you three doing while you were gone?" Angie asked me. "Kokichi said it was to steal our motive videos, but with three people, it should have been quicker than that."

"Oh, well, we did run into Rantaro during our search for the videos," I admitted. "Rantaro then joined us, and we watched a few videos after we had gotten them all."

"You watched some of them?" Himiko asked.

"Yeah, but only Rantaro's, Ryoma's, and Kokichi's," I explained. "After that, Ryoma left and Rantaro followed after him. That's when Kokichi and I returned."

"And that's when you were forced into your own Insect Meet and Greet. Nyahaha! What divine punishment!" Angie exclaimed.

"Yeah...we were stuck in there until 7:30 a.m..." I told them.

"Wh-What!?" Himiko exclaimed in fear, giving me an expression of pure pity.

"Now I'm really glad I wasn't there." Rantaro laughed again. "But I suppose we should keep these alibis in mind. It might be handy."