08| the victim of rides

Serine

"You say, that you'll die without him. But you know that's a lie, you tell yourself," -Camila Cabello, Crying in the club

***

It was now detention.

And I could've sworn I was half dead.

My body was about to give in, God was finally taking me to a much more better place, and he arrived at the right time. I didn't mind dying in my sleep- "Ms Williams!" My head shot up and that was a huge mistake because I felt a  strong pain erupt on my neck. Straining it. I winced and placed my palm there as Mr Jackson looked back to the pile of pages but not before giving me a knowing look.

I rolled my eyes.

You are the cause of the pain in my neck, idiot.

And oh my, so much would've happened if I ever said those words out loud. I wasn't taking note of anything until I felt a piece of material hit my cheek. I glared at the poor piece of paper and looked around the room to find

Yes, people.

This was Mr Jackson's detention ways. Because there's nothing more painful than being stuck in a classroom only with 5 people and only one was occupied.

I glanced towards the one girl who was chewing her gum silently looking out the of the window with her arm propped up. Her temples moving in motion confirming that she was chewing.  Then there was a boy with dirty blond hair, sketching something in his notebook. The other two, we'll, they were sending notes to each other and... I moved my head to my right, I saw the fifth person and died.

Alexander McCann.

A strange feeling consumed my skin.

I mentally sighed. Does the devil really want me to suffer?

He was the one who threw me a crumbled piece of paper. I then began un-crumbling the piece of paper out of desperation obviously.

There wrote, in a very weird handwriting.

-Hi :)

I read it again, except this time, with squinted eyes. I whipped my head to side to see him looking at me with a smile. I looked back to the piece of paper... should I answer?

-What do you want McCann?

I crumbled the paper and threw it back to him. And not even a minute later did I see the paper once again on my desk.

-The Lord answered my prayers.

I cocked a brow.

-What prayers?

-Of you finally having a civil conversation with me.

I rolled my eyes.

-Don't think that it'll last forever McCann. This is solely out of desperation.

- Either way, my princess is still talking to me.

The edges of my lips twitched and then I heard a loud voice. "Detention class is over," I heard Mr Jackson and furrowed my brows. He would usually make it longer.

What if you're only saying that because you want to talking to McCann?

Pfft- what me? No.

"I have a personal matter to attend to." Explains it. "You all got lucky," yeah whatever loser. You lost.

"You're dismissed," the four students left and I followed. I could literally feel his presence behind me. "And you don't want to admit to being a stalker." I shake my head.