31| the victim of dates

Levine

***

I shut my locker with a loud enough thud and from the left, I spot a blurry image of someone. "Anything I can help you with?" I ask turning around and locked eyes with a pair of amber orbs.  "Nothing I j-"

"Cool if it's nothing- then I can't help you."  I give him an evident fake smile. "Damn you and Serine are so similar," he muses and I purse my lips. "You only realize that now?"

"Trust me I've known this,"

"Your point?" I stare at him blankly- okay guys, I know, I didn't necessarily have to constantly  snap at him but guys who irritate you- make you do these kinds of things and still question you, but they're the problem. "How about coffee?" I squint my eyes, thinking.

"You never fail to make me feel less interested,"

"Lunch? My treat," I pout, "Sure, why not, " I shrug.  Look, to whoever is against guys paying the bills or splitting the damn bill, news flash it's not about a girl not being able to provide for herself- no.  It's not that she needs a guy to pay for everything- but, question, who the hell asked who first?

I rest my case.

"Whoa," I turn around  and see a girl who I had considered my best friend my whole life and who was David's sister. "Are you guys on speaking terms?"

"Speaking terms?" another voice echoed and there appeared a brunette. "Guys-" Serine cuts me off by repeating herself. "Speaking terms. You guys are actually communicating?"

"This is so stupid," I mutter. I love how my own best friend was being utterly shocked that we were speaking just like how I was when her and Alexander were. It's like the same situation.

But a tad bit  different. Trust me, it sure seemed like the same but don't believe everything you hear or see. Lesson learned? You got me? Copy that? Cool. "You're literally being shocked of what was occurring prior to your relationship." I state.

"Your point?"

"I jus- you know what? Nevermind. "

"No, no you're telling me everything." I let out an exhausted sigh. "What's going on?" and like it couldn't get any better, the rest of the group appears with Alexander who hugs Serine from behind and places kisses all over her.

Gotta say they took long enough but either way, I'm happy for her.

"David and Levine are speaking," I roll my eyes. How more lame can this be?

"What a way to continue my day," I mutter.

***

For those of you who think I just met David a few days ago, WRONG.

I've known him since forever. He was Sarah's older brother and honestly, the age gap wasn't even that- that.

He was 19.

No he didn't  repeat a grade- he just began school later than the rest of us did. You could say he was a bit more matured (spreading that maturity on Sarah) than anybody else and we have all hung out as a group before.

Actually- I wouldn't say 'hung out' but I could definitely say we saw each other and only exchanged as little as, 'Hi, how are you'

That was literally it.

So  I have to admit the fact that he wanted to have lunch with me was simply, shocking. It's not that David and I didn't get along- it's just- I don't even know. I didn't have time for anything. Fuck that because I'm truly lying- I had time for absolutely anything because I didn't have a job. I had already been living with the riches of my family so I didn't necessarily need to get a job because of that.

So basically most of my time was either with Sarah and Serine or on my phone. And that was everyday.

Life was way too dramatic for the three of us. Especially at school- ugh, let me not go there. To the three girls who think the world (aliens included) revolves around them. I'm the kind of person that loves drama but despises being in it because it's not as fun.

I didn't like people messing with me and I don't let people walk over me- I let them think they have complete control over me until I show them that they never had. "So wassup?"  I turn around and look at the person before me. "Don't say the ceiling,"

Sarah knew me too well.

"I wasn't going to say that but anyways- nothing, I'm just thinking, "  I shrug. "And may that be about... you know who?" I glare at the brunette. "No Ser,"

"Question ma'am," she gulps. "Have you picked out an outfit?"

"Nope," I say popping the 'p' not giving a care in the world. Trust me, when I say give me an hour before  the thing happens, I'll be saying 'I'm okay' while I'll be having a panic attack. I wouldn't be Levine Arnaud, if I didn't.

"Well, you have to pick something out," Sarah says and walks over to my walk in closet that looked somewhat like Serine's.

All three of us were oddly similar.

It doesn't even  shock me anymore.

"Did he say where you guys are going?" Sarah asks. "Nah," I shake my head. "Since its summer, and it's hot,"

"A dress would be perfect."

"Please don't pick out anything too fancy. I'm not going to dinner," I remind them both as they scan through my closet. "Okay I'm just going to lay them all out one the bed." Serine does as she says and lays out two dresses that look familiar, of course, since they belong to me.

Sarah lays down one of her own. I stand up to check the three dresses on my Queen sized bed. The first one is a beige, strapless bodycon that I feel is too fancy and I avert my gaze and look at the one in the middle. The one the middle is simple; it's a black solid side drawstring ruched bodycon.

"This one," I say not even  looking at the third one. I wore dresses almost every single day so it wouldn't be much of a shocker if I appeared dressed in a dress on this date-

Wait date sis? A date?

Nah.

Can we just pretend like I didn't say that? I find myself in my favorite pair of white sneakers and my clutch. I shoved everything I needed before looking in the mirror. It wasn't too much. I really hope it isn't because I can't even trust myself right now. "Isn't this a bit too much?"

"You are a bit too much," I gasp when I hear two voices say at the same time "Guys!"

"It's true, don't even argue with us," It was too much. My hair was tied into a messy bun- and then I heard the doorbell.

"Oh it's time,"