10| hell

S E R I N E

"You?  What are you doing here?"

"Well hello to you to,"

"So you saw it was me,"

"I mean you definitely look older now,"

"No I do not,"

"Yes,"

"No,"

"Yes,"

"No,"

"Yes"

"Are we seriously gonna do this?" I scoff. "How the hell are you even working for the FBI?" I add.

"First of all, we were already doing it," I roll my eyes.

Okay, smart ass.

"And second," the interesting part. "I worked very hard for my position-"

"Okay, okay, I get it. Almost everybody works hard to get where they want to be. Trust me, you don't have to give the whole speech."

"I wasn't going to give you the speech, you just cut me off,"

Fucking hell.

"Has anybody told you how annoying you are?"

"Nope," he shrugs and I squint my eyes at him. "You're the only one who gets easily irritated. So it's safe to say you're an easy target."

Everybody!

You have sort of met this person before.

><

My heart was bleeding.

I moved away, giving him space with her. I stood up slowly- feeling as if my world had crumbled apart. Trying to steady myself, I almost fall but arms catch me before I even collide with the floor. I find myself looking at a pair of unfamiliar orbs- my hand in a fist as his big hands wrap around my wrists. They then wrap me around their arms and before I knew it, I'm in a hug- tears covering my face.

"Why would you do this to me God?! Why!" I cry onto the strangers shoulder. "How could you take her away from me?" the last sentence comes out of my lips, barely above a whisper. A bundle of sobs escape me and there I sit- on the ground- my continuous tears.

><

He.

He was that stranger. That caught me when I almost fell.

Literally this time.

He was the one that held me tight when her death was still fresh. Ignoring his comment, I began walking away. The road pretty much empty but I was still cautious. I know it's a bit stupid to be think they'd be a car in the road almost at the edge of the cliff- but y'know.

I stare at the familiar scene before me. It wasn't my first time coming here.

It was peaceful, I liked hearing nothing. I liked the silence of it all. I sat down, my legs crossed as I blow out a breathe. I remember finding this spot after I had come from vacation, from an island.

I didn't why I knew he'd be behind me but I knew. And I didn't feel scared. I didn't feel like another person who worked for the law, wanted my statement, or wanted to arrest me based on lose information. "What happened back there?"

I shrug. "I never got your name," I stare lowly, ignoring the question.  "Louis Enzo,"

"Do you say that like together, though?" I ask finally looking at him. Finally seeing him clearly for the first time. He had gorgeous black eyes, that could've easily been mistaken for brown from far away. His face was sculpted just the right way, his jaw that he moving was defined, his skin looking naturally tanned. His raven black hair that he seemed was growing- suited him. He played with the gigantic silver rings on his fingers.