01| special

S E R I N E

Two years later.

A victorious laugh escaped me as I realized I was winning rock paper scissors- don't judge.

We were currently in class and super bored. Our varsity decided to open sooner than we all expected but that meant an extended holiday which I appreciated very much. But to say I didn't mind waking up was a lie. It was no longer me waking up at 7, ready to get on with my morning routine cause it had changed.

I woke up later, classes would either start at 9- and our latest was 10.

Some days, for whatever reason, we had to be there at eight. The professor was seated at his seat, not taking note of us at all. "I knew I could trust you Serine," I hear a loud voice. "My bets always on you," I flash a smile to David, our hands connecting we're doing our childhood handshake.

"It's always better to be on the side of a winner, so honey," I pause looking back at Angelo. "take the L because you're looking at a winner," he cracks into his smile, his dimples appearing perfectly on his face.

"I can't argue with that," I smirk. "Of course you can't," I confidently shrug.

"They said it," William says. "A couple that roasts each other, stays together," I squint my eyes at him- trying to process what he just said. "Isn't it, a couple that together, stays together?" Genesis pops in.

The class had all their focus on Angelo and I. Betting who was going to win, this, this and that- whoever won would get anything that they wanted. Which included free food too.

"No you fool, let me be creative." William fights back and Genesis shots him a finger. "Shut up,"

"Hey, language," somebody snorts. "Mr Angel, she didn't even cuss,"

"Exactly," another mutters. Mr Angel says nothing, shaking his head and then looks back at his computer. Poor man.

He loved us though.

Who wouldn't? We were the best class that existed in this university. I was dying because of the heat, so with my legs, I caused separation between Angelo and the rest of the people who were surrounding me.  "Did you just kick me?" Angelo furrows his brows.

"And what if I did?"

"Ooo, shoot, what you finna do about it bro? You still got a chance," I smirk after Connor, the boy who had his brown hair tucked in a beanie said.

How the fuck could he be wearing that beanie in this heat?

It was hella hot. Thank you, summer. My habit of getting tired in summer had stopped.

Surprise, surprise.

Instead of feeling tired, I was radiating with much energy like the sun had. The sun had become my favorite thing of the universe- ever since two years ago. "That's it, you owe me a piggy back ride," I blurt out once Angelo hadn't said anything in like two seconds.

"As if you don't ask for one, every single day,"  he says.

Facts.