27| epilogue

I was finally dead.

They tried to save my life, shock after shock.

I was gone.

Every body's tears felt like hot water on my skin. I don't know if it was real or if I just imagined that.  Probably the second. I think I was at peace.

I could no longer feel and that somehow made me me happy. It was something I once hated- I was numb, a good numb? Is there really such a thing?

Well, whatever it was, I didn't mind it. These past years of my years have been a rollercoaster of emotions, most bad but at least I had some good. Maybe not everything had gone to waste.

I'm sure everyone had forgotten about me.

In a way, it made me content. It used make me feel like I was nothing, it made me feel lonely, helpless and hopeless. It was most definitely the opposite now.

I was happier.

I rest assured knowing even though they all cried, they'd be okay. They'd heal.

No matter how long it took, they'd be happy.

And fortunately for them, they didn't have to wait so long.

"Girl you have to wake up!" I groan, rubbing my eyes a bit.

"You guys are acting like I'm getting married or something," I roll my eyes, finally sitting upright.  "Well, aren't you?" I shoot Levine a blank stare. "I still have a life to live," I state as a matter- of- factly.

"It's your 21st birthday, come on!"

"Okay, okay, calm down," I chuckle and Levine shoots up brightly. "Oh and, make sure the Dj is sick," I say.

"Serine Williams, I am offended," She holds a hand against her chest. "Do you who I am? I am life of the party, I plan it, I do it, and I show out. How could you?"

"I won't don't it again," I raise my hands up in surrender. "You better not. You got my blood pressure going through the roof," I roll my eyes  as she continues her dramatic ramble.

***

I saw a lot of familiar faces as I entered through the curtain.

Dramatic Levine for you.

It made me so happy that everyone was here.

Genesis was here, she looked absolutely stunning with her natural curls reaching her lower back. I swore I could still spot her little freckles. She was in a silk orange dress that looked like it was made for her.

Lesley, the girl who looked good in black, was in black. Her now short black hair, had red highlights from the back. She had her leather jacket on her shoulder, a tube top and leather pants. I even spot Kelly. Her blonde hair was in beach waves, she wore a white cami dress. They made an even bigger pop on her blue eyes - I think this the best I've described Kelly.

The minute my eyes land on Williams, I beam. I see Conor and every one of my classmates. Even Angelo who was now speaking with Kelly, she had just laughed at something he just said and he was smiling.

I was happy for them, genuinely. I just hoped it'd actually go somewhere. For both they're sakes. I still don't know how it crosses my mind. How I never  knew she felt something for him.

Oh well.

The Dj hits the music and Mr Dj by Rihanna comes on.