22| the victim of enemies

Serine

"We don't have to make it hurt so bad."-Lauv, enemies

***

I browsed through YouTube as I kept walking slowly. "Can you stop looking at that phone? You'll bump into someone."

I hummed and did as she said. I shoved the phone on the back pocket of my- oh, I wasn't wearing any damn jeans. I rolled my eyes and just kept the phone in my hands. We were currently at mall as we planned and I seriously didn't know why I wasn't participating in the shopping because my wardrobe was confusing me.

I needed to buy stuff.

"Rine baby girl, check out this dress."

"Really pretty. It'd suit you."

"Dumbass, I love it for you." My forehead creased. "When have you ever seen me, on a regular day, wear a dress?"

"Never?"

"Exactly."

"Well yes, I know. But it could be useful. I mean look at it. It's black, it's silk, come on." I tilted my head to the side- contemplating. "Okay fine."

It was a cute dress. I mean sheesh, it was trending but- not that I don't wear dresses, it's just that I don't really like wearing them on a normal day.

Does that make sense?

Anyways, after I picked the clothes, I had quite a few clothes all in my hands. There were dresses too. Influenced by Levine & Sarah. There were also, tops, shirts, jeans and shorts.

Normal stuff.

Just pretty.

I had fitted most of the stuff, some I didn't have to because they were just my size and Vine wanted me to fit the silk dress she picked out for me, last. And that was where I was at right now.

I stared at reflection in the mirror. I can't lie, I did look good. But I just know Vine would just exaggerate. "Are you ready?"

"I was, 5 seconds ago."

"Okay on 5 then." I rolled my eyes. "5,4,3,2,1- Oh. My. God. You look hot."

And I told you so.

"I mean look at you, rocking those curves, looking all peng, with that moncho skin, baby girl. This calls for a date."

I blinked.

"A what?"

"D-A-T-E. A date. This calls for it definitely."

"That's not happening." I shook my head. "Its happening."

"No- that's crazy Vine. I mean- who would I even go on a date with?"

"With your prom date."

"I don't want to go to prom- you forced me to." I said as a matter of factly. "Exactly." She smiled clasping her hands together, proud."Because you'd be going with Alexa-"

"I need to send you to an asylum. You're going mental." I said walking back into the fitting room. "That would make two!"

Great, she influenced Sarah too.

***

We were out, with bags in our hands and now we were heading to the coffee place. The line wasn't all that long and to support that, I would be carrying the three coffees and Sarah would be taking the snacks. She placed her order before mine and I was next.

"Hi." I smiled at multi colored haired woman. "Hello, how do you do and how may I help you?"

Australian accent.

"I'm okay. I hope you're doing good-"

"I'm fantastic sweetheart." She grinned. "May I please get three regular coffees? With caches of sugar and they should all have milk please."

"Order coming right up sweetheart." I smiled. "You know, you are a very beautiful girl."

"Thank you." I smiled. "And I could say the same about you..." I trailed off looking at her name tag. "Heather."

"Off you go little bird, oh and just to let you know," She whispered signalling for me to come a little closer. "There's a boy staring at you. I think he likes you. " I furrowed my brows but nodded anyways. I went ahead to the delivery til and fetched my order. Once it was in my hands, I knew I had to careful with coffee because I always did something stupid with it.

I turned around slowly, looking on the ground and right as I was about to take another step, I didn't bump into anyone, but I spotted a pair of black sneakers.  I felt like I had seen them somewhere and to confirm that, I slowly looked up.

Usually I'd be irritated but for the first time, in a while, I wasn't.  "Are you following me?" Was the first thing that came out his mouth.

Just a bunch of nothingness that I'm glad I wouldn't be entertaining.

"We don't have to enemies, I'm willing to actually be your friend." I said. "I'd fist bump you right now- not shake your hand because I don't do that- but my hands are occupied."

"You're serious?" You could tell he was in disbelief but I nodded anyways. "As I said, we don't have to be enemies."