25| stranger danger

S E R I N E

I push  the door open and enter the restroom.

My hands rest on the basin, as I stare at my reflection on the mirror. You could tell I had the time of my life.

When was the last time I felt so happy?

So free?

I hadn't let loose like this in years. I haven't felt purely happy. I haven't had a satisfying escape, but tonight was different. The energy was different, not only was I enjoying myself, my girls  were too. It brought a smile to my face, a happy, a silly and joyful one.

I took one last look at myself in the mirror and left. I closed the door and was met by the loud music once again.

The Dj was sick.

I grab my phone out of my clutch and send a text to Levine. Letting her know I'd be outside if she ended up looking for me.

I shove my phone back in and continued walking. I reach the outside and shake off my heels. Once their off, I prepare to climb. I was glad that I wore short shorts underneath - an even bigger plus was that nobody was around. I climbed quickly and reached my destination in no time. I was on the roof.

Not too high to die but I was high.

I rub my palms both together  so that the dust could remove itself from my hands. I make myself comfortable and sigh. Before I could even ponder, I smell something.

Something unpleasant.

I scrunch up my nose.

A cigarette.

Who the hell is smoking a cigarette on the roof? Why not elsewhere? Ugh, teenagers who want to be adults.

"Hey stranger, I suppose you're danger," I hear a voice. I know that voice.

That voice.

But from where?

Where have I heard this voice?

I look up to see who the voice belongs too. "Stranger?" I furrow my brows. I knew, I knew that voice from somewhere.

"Danger?" His eyes glint with something. Though I don't know what. "The one and only," I respond.

"We meet again,"

Yes, Mr cop, we do.

***

L E V I N E

My body moved to the rhythm and I don't dare to miss a beat. Nina and I are hand in hand, nailing the dance moves with just us two. My favorite part of the song had already come by, and now the song was almost over.

I promised myself I'd hydrate once this song finished, and that's what I did.

We move away from the dance floor, my breathing becomes more loud after all the energy I put out there. Nina and I make our way to the kitchen, I don't even bother looking at the punch - knowing there's always something in it. I open the large fridge, and pour myself a glass of ice water.

I didn't drink.

"Hey Lev, have you seen Rine?" Nina asks. I think about it and I furrow my brows.  "No actually... I haven't." As I answer, I realize that I haven't seen her for quite sometime. All I remember was her giving me a hand squeeze and everything after that is just a blur.

"Wait, lemme check my phone," Once my phone is in my hands, I connect to the WiFi and notifications come in quickly.

Though I only look for one, and I find it.

Outside. Call you if I need to.

"She's outside," I say and Nina nods to this. Nina opens her mouth to say something again but the music stops playing. Which causes everyone else to stop dancing.

Uhm, Dj?

"Sister?" A loud voice booms and I freeze.

That voice.

No, no it can't be.

No please no.

Please.

I turn around and my heart just sinks. He was here. No!

At a party,  a party that didn't need him. That he wasn't even invited to, but he somehow made it in.  "Brandon?" I utter. "Well, aren't you going to say hello?"

Before I can get to say anything, somone else answers for me. "She doesn't have to,"

"And who the hell are you?" A chuckle escapes David's mouth as he stares with utter disgust. "You don't recognize me?"

"Oh brother, I know exactly who you are," David twitches when Brandon uses the word, 'brother'.

"Don't call me that," With a death glare sent to Brandon.

Brandon holds his hands up in mock surrender and I stop myself from rolling my eyes.

Did Brandon not feel sorry at all?

Hasn't he changed one bit? Had he not realized his mistake? Where was all that regret and guilt?

Where?

And what the hell was he doing here? "Brandon," I hiss. "Why are you here?" I ask.

"I came to visit you little sis. Aren't you happy?" David's hand tightens around my wrist, and I'm left in the middle of my brother and my boyfriend. "I..." I don't get the chance to say anything when arms wrap around me. He hugs me tight. I sigh.

I did miss him.

But his timing was just off.

Why come now? Why now all of a sudden?

Why was he making things even worse for me? I had enough on my plate as it was, and he was just adding on.

Why had he not given me time to prepare, I don't even want to question how he knew there was party- he knew everything that involved a party and that didn't sit right with me. Especially tonight.

I was going to get him back for this.

"Yeah right, big bro. I feel like killing you,"