36| the victim; foreign

Serine

***

With all the raging anger inside of me, I slam the door shut with a much needed thud. I jump over to my large ass bed and laid comfortably on my face.

I was so tired.

So freaking tired of everybody.

And Alexander was one of that everybody.

We had only started out things and he was acting up because somebody likes me? And that one person is my friend who he never really allowed me to speak with? Cause with every chance I got it, it was like we could never finish a conversation. All couples fought, I understood that. I knew that. But what I didn't expect was for it to come so soon.

And what made it more frustrating was that it was over something so stupid. I knew eventually that I had to stop stressing on some things. Everything was just happening so fast and all at once that my brain couldn't even focus and keep track on each and every one of them.

I opened my drawer and spotted a familiar substance. I slammed the drawer shut- locking it.

No Serine.

Not ever again. Dad wouldn't want that.

So I left it. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

***

I woke up with the light shining in my face like it wanted to purposefully blind me. Who the hell opened the curtains?

Probably da- he was in the hospital. It couldn't magically be him. There wasn't anybody else right? Paranoia getting the best of me, my body jerked up and I searched my surroundings. I was in my sweatpants but was still in the top I was in yesterday.

Oh.

Is word that comes out of my mouth when I remember that I came jumping to my bed and drifted off without closing anything nor even removing the pillows.

Right.

My feet touch the cold tiles as I stand up, walking towards the massive window. As usual, the sun always wakes up before me and I check the time and see it's ten minutes to 10. I stare out a little longer before pushing my bathroom door open. Once I enter, I spot the side view of myself through the mirror- this happens every morning and I eventually look at my trashy morning reflection. My disheveled hair, I don't even bother to fix. The first thing I do is splash cold water on my face and begin brushing my teeth.

And there I begin my one hour worthy morning routine.

***

I'm downstairs and I almost die when I see somebody busy in the living room. It's a girl- a short one. She looks familiar but I somehow can't get to her name. Was it Karen? "Nana?" she whips her head back and beams at the sight of me. "Serine!" heading my direction and engulfs me in a hug.

"It's been so long," I say in the hug. Karen was or better yet still is my nanny. Dad hired her on his hectic business trips but there was this one time where she had an emergency and dad hired a babysitter for me.

"How have you been? How's your baby and all?" I ask since she took off for maternity leave. "I've been doing so good. I even went to vacation with my husband- it was splendid. And Darren is an absolute angel,"

I swear if I hear any other boy in my life that has name that starts with the letter D, I think I might die. There was just a lot of D's in my life. It was crazy. "I can't wait that see him- wait nana how did you get in?" I ask confused. She no longer had the spare key, Sarah did. "I used the face detector outside," she responds. I nod. "I must admit, you tidied up pretty well here. Pretty different from a few years ago," I only shrug as I make my way to the kitchen.

"Well I wasn't planning on doing anything today because dad's not here and I was going to have breakfast at a friend's and most likely spend the day. You can come if you want. Levine's little brother surely misses you." Nana nods with a smile, signalling she agrees. "Ok let me go get some shoes," I tell her and run up the stairs. Once I get there, I spot a pair of old sandals and I instantly scrunch up my face in disgust.

Hate sandals.

I grab a pair of no names and shove my foot in them immediately. I got out already in my blue baggy jeans and black top. My curly hair was tied up with two of my hair strands framing my face. With my phone in hand, I text Levine and then shove my phone in jean pockets before walking to Levine's crib with my nana beside me.

I hoped the day would go smoothly.

Arriving at Levine's, I instantly regret it once I see the many people there. She welcomes me in and I give her a look as she let's me in. "Why the hell is there so many people here?" I ask. "It's Saturday, I was bored," I roll my eyes and move out the way to show her who I came with. "Guess who I brought?"

"Wh-" her head turns to the the much shorter lady next to me. "Karen?" I leave them once they begin conversing and just look at everybody around me. It wasn't as much as I thought... but then I saw him.

Something in me fluttered.

Angelo.

~~~~~

Hehe I don't that what's going on here. I did nothing.