Chapter 2 - Angel In Disguise

.

Adraniel's Pov:

I landed gracefully on my feet on top of a building flapping my huge wings. As I watched the lights glazing over the city of New Orleans , a weird sensation ran through my body. I felt as I was being sucked of my energy.

I knew I was drained of my power. I looked back to see the protective covering on my wings drop , they were now ordinary bird wings.

Looks like I've gotta keep them tucked.
At least he didn't take my wings away. I would have gone crazy. Damn I can't sleep with my wings .

I sighed and pulled out my phone.
The first time Elijah and I visited earth, that was two years ago, we met Eleanor she was a beautiful girl , she was straight and was extremely caring but she can be really annoying.

We met her at Starbucks when Elijah decided to have a coffee. I obviously never had a Starbucks so I followed him like a lost puppy which was literally true. All the time I grasped tightly to Elijah'hand. I have seen cars , trains , ships and planes from above but what I didn't know was how noisy they can be. I was terrified when a car passed by me honking.

When Elijah took me in the cafe I was immediately addicted to the smell of coffee .

We met Eleanor for the first time there. We immediately connected I don't know and Elijah was a regular so she knew him already.

I decided to text her. Since she would help me no matter what.

Hey! - A

What bitch?! - E

Came her reply, I snickered as I saw her text.I loved her attitude , she was so carefree and can be very cute and sensitive. I remember when we met her once and she was on her periods. She was so sensitive and legit cried over the fact that her ice cream fell off the cone. It took me my powers to stop her from crying.

Wanna meet up, I kinda need your help :// - A

So you woke me up to hang out in this ungodly hour?! - E

I could see literally her eyes rolling. I checked the time and it was 7 in the evening.

What ungodly hour? Mam it's 7 in the evening ? Why were you even sleeping. - A

I can do whatever I want bub , I'll be at Oliver's in 10. - E

I scoffed and stuffed my phone back in my pocket. And flew down to the alley beside the building.
I grabbed my bag and started walking to the Oliver's.

It was a little cafe on the corner of the street where Eleanor worked. Since she worked from 5 to 8 in Starbucks I could figure she took a day off today. Obviously she doesn't want to meet at Starbucks.
Who knows they ask her to work.

So I went to the place and sat at table outside the cafe and ordered for us.
Soon my other best friend , my only human friend Eleanor, a total reckless bitch in certain situations came strutting like a leopard. She had a natural catwalk she looked lika a model as well . I swear if she would just sign up for modelling , in no time she will be on covers.

"If you are done oggling me , mind telling me why you called me here ? I am busy person you know!"she flicked her hair and sat down chewing on a gum.

"Oh shut up I know you were just bing watching some stupid teen series on Netflix!" I huffed and rolled my eyes at her.

For a 20 year old she was extremely snarky and the way she carried herself and her scary attitude could scare people miles off.

" Guilty!" She laughed waving her hand and hitting me on the arm. This was her annoying habit of hitting people when she laughed. I glared at her and rolled my eyes. Our coffees and cakes came and we thanked the waiter.