Dealing With an Oni Can be Difficult-or Not? Well, This Was Unexpected.

A/N: This is my second incomplete draft. The first one was more centered around Okayu and Korone, but I wanted to be more inclusive. So I then decided that since summer was days away, it's about time I start with that.

Y/N: "Why do I always get here so early?"

He sits down at a cubical.

Y/N: "We can come in anytime we like, but even then."

He spins in the chair. It's boring without anyone.

Y/N: "A-chan isn't here. Why should I..."

The ping of the elevator rings throughout the building.

Y/N: "Because it's part of the job? It's my fault, considering he told me we could come in at any time."

Ayame: "Yahello!"

Y/N: "Nakiri-san?"

Ayame: "What's with that tone? No need to be so formal. Just call me Ayame-chan."

Y/N: "Hai. What are you doing here so early?"

Ayame: "It's so hot at home. I thought I'd relax over here."

Y/N: "The office was burning up a few minutes ago."

Ayame: "But since your the manager, you have thermostat privileges."

Y/N: "And thank the heavens for that. Such a big building takes a good while to cool down."

Ayame: "You'd figure as much. It's summertime now. It can't be helped but be a little hotter than average."

Y/N: "I guess so."

Ayame: "But it just so happens that I have a special cooling device that'll help us in this time of need."

She brings out a large bowl with shaved ice.

Y/N: "Oh, that looks pretty good. What flavor is it?"

Ayame: "Cold flavored."

Y/N: Is there even such thing as ice flavored ice? "That's not very descriptive."

Ayame: "I don't want to ruin the surprise, so go ahead, taste it and tell me."

Y/N: "Huh. I guess cold is a flavor."

Ayame: "My special cooling device allows you to feel cold in the hottest of heat! It's also tasty."

Y/N: "It's refreshing, and that's all that matters."

Ayame: "I-I guess I'll work the flavor later..."

In reality, this was her third attempt to make it taste not as bitter. Her first attempt was a disaster and her second try only worked as intended. The problem was it still left a horrid taste in your mouth.

Y/N: "It's way too hot outside for this."

Ayame: "How is the fall festival supposed to take place if it's this hot."

Y/N: "Huh? This early?"

Ayame: "We're trying to get as many branches and members together for one big end-of-summer event."

Y/N: "That sounds pretty interesting. Who've you guys gotten so far?"

Ayame: "All JP members will be there, and we're working on trying to get EN to join."

Y/N: "What about ID?"

Ayame: "They're next."

Y/N: "Is there anything I can do to help?"

Ayame: "Well, if you wouldn't mind, we could use some help with moderating the event."

Y/N: "Are the other managers going to be there?"