Enter The Apprentice's Apprentice For The Novice.

A/N: The Nodoka chapter. Welcome one and all. The first chapter after the festival arc. I'll be honest, I'm pretty happy about that. At times, it felt like this story would die at that point. My ideas were running low being stuck in the same environment. But now we're back. I'm no longer stuck with one situation going on. With renewed freedom, let's start our return the right way. 

Today we return to the office. It's the Monday after the festival has ended, and everyone is returning to work. Y/N wakes up to the sound of Miku Izayoi. She's a new idol who's been rising in the ranks recently. 

Y/N: Back to work. Even if I have one of the best jobs in the world, Mondays really aren't my thing.

His phone buzzes on his nightstand. He's got a text.

A-chan: 'Hey!' 'Today's the day.'

Y/N: 'The day?' That's vague as hell.

A-chan: 'The Apprentice will be here soon' 'Make sure to give her a warm welcome'

Y/N: Ah, right. I almost forgot about that. 'Of course.' 'I'll be in soon.'

A-chan: 'Gotcha' 'I'll be a little late since I'm planning something with a few of the idols'

Y/N: 'You're leaving the introductions to me?'

A-chan: 'yeah, sorry about' 'But look the bright side' 'You'll be the first to meet her' ':D'

Y/N: 'Oi.' 'Don't do this to me.'

A-chan: 'Sorry!' 'My phone is on mute!'

Y/N: "Oi!'

And like that, he's left on read.

Y/N: Damn it. *He sighs* Even A-chan can be childish at times.

With no other options, Y/N prepares to face the apprentice by himself. After getting dressed and brushing his teeth, he drives to the office. But on his way in, he gets another text.

A-chan: 'Change of plans' 'She's coming in later' 'I'll brief you on my plans once you're at the office'

Y/N: Thank goodness. 'Alright, cool. I'm right outside, so I'll only be a moment.'

He puts away his phone and heads inside. On the second floor, he looks around but doesn't find A-chan.

Y/N: "A-chan? A-chan, where are you?"

From the corner, he can see her enter the room. She seems... Different?

A-chan: "O-Oh

A-chan: "O-Oh. Y-kun. T-There you are." Do I sound too off?

Y/N: "Heya, A-chan." Alright, spot the difference. I'm good at this game. "How are you doing?"

A-chan: "I'm doing well. How are you?"

Y/N: "Same as always. But I'm glad to be at work. I miss this old office." I got it! She's wearing her old outfit. Did she get the other one dirty? "Going back to the original?"