Chapter 15 Precipice Of Krieg (War)

He found himself having sipped another cup of the Arkaz Tea.

He sighed as he realized the state of how things have been.

The great glaring flare of the great plains just bordering the Grand Forest.

The attempted assassination attempt upon the heavenly monarch of Irchea.

The increasing fragmentation of Royal power.

All of these incidents had occupied the preoccupied man of a young blonde nobleman, Lord Edmund Smith (25).

He had left his desk and his office and walked straight to the armory.

He had walked over to the corner of the armory and reached for a shelf and clasped at a wooden case. The blonde nobleman reached for the pocket of his black trousers, and pulled out a key. He opened the lock of the wide wooden box, and had grinned at the sight of his old beloved partner.

An iron sword of the Cross-guard design. Dawning.

A refined and luminescent sword about 60 cms long. (About 21 inches)

He stared at his blade and had been about to sniff it, but thought against it.

'After all I'm a nobleman, not a barbarian.'

The man relocked the box and walked out with it in his hand.

"What is my lord doing?" A young maiden had asked her senior friend, a butler of his late 20s.

"He's just tired of all the bad news, June." He whispered into her ear, as he handed a bottled substance to her, and left with a smile upon his face.

"Thank you for the special sauce!" June had exclaimed.

"Don't scream it!" The butler shouted.

'But you just screamed. Hypocrite."

Moments later, the young maiden watched as she saw her lord upon the field, his fury directed towards a puppet made of small wooden logs, and a rice bag.

The lord battered at the puppet with his wooden sword, and cleaved it's head off.

June, the young maiden blushed as she saw her love interest train in the field.

Lord Edmund Smith was a young 25 year old noble, he served as the magistrate of the rural frontier town Flarien.

He was a young man of a defined and mature jaw, short luminent blonde hair, a fit muscular physique and had a charming personality that had been the vain of all women both old and young, with even grandmas having fawned over the generous lord.

June would not let this opportunity go, after all she knew that her lord had been her partner. With this affection having started when she had been a young 4 year old girl and watched as he waved at the crowd after having left his blue and silver carriage to wave at the people which he had came to consider his family.

June saw as her lord mumbled something under his breath, however the young maiden could not hear what he had said.

The young noble stopped and had restored the state of the beaten ragged puppet with the use of his magic. He looked to the sky and watched as a chevron of birds flew over him. The young noble returned to his office with renewed confidence.