Ch. 40: Separation

Bakugo's POV

"Mom?" Daudi asked, his eyes wide as he looked at Esabell. Although Esabell and the kids had spent most of their time on the Justicia, I was to my belief that Daudi never interacted with them much. He spent a lot of time on the Bakuhatsu preparing for (Y/n)'s rescue and trying to get contact with our scattered allies. He had even spent a month on land searching for Aizawa, while Froppy had turned her attention towards finding All Might, so needless to say, the two never ran into eachother. 

"My precious Daudi, is that really you?" Esabell cried as she ran up to Daudi and cup her hands around his face.

"M-Mom... you're really here? Right in front of me?" Daudi began to weep as well and I felt excruciatingly awkward.

"Wait 'Mom'? Hold on... you don't mean. Mom, is this... is this really him?" Dahlia piped up, trying to draw conclusions for herself.

"Oh gracious, I never imagined the day I would see my beloved son again! This is a miracle!" Esabell shouted as she pulled Daudi into a tight embrace. She then released him and looked over to Dahlia. "Dahlia, meet your brother, Daudi."

Dahlia's eyes sparkled and a shaky smile crossed her face. She then immediately ran into Daudi's open arms and hugged him tight. The reunited family stood there for a moment, hugging and crying, before letting the rest of us in on what was going on.

"My mother, Esabell as you know her, was stolen from my father and I when I was 10. The name I knew her by was Tusajigwe Juma, but as you can see the people that bought her changed that. Esabell... that's Scandanavian, and so is Dahlia. Scandanavia is so far... I can't believe we were so far apart and now you're right here in front of me," Daudi explained, a huge smile encompassing his face.

"Your father, oh bless that man, how is he? How did you end up here? How have you been? Oh dear me, I don't think my heart can take this!" Esabell, or Tusajigwe rather, explained, spewing question after question.

"Dad was killed after he attempted to hide me from the slave merchants. I miss him dearly, but you should know that, in our minds, he died an honorable death-- protecting his family. Granted, I was still taken, but Captain Valentina rescued me when I was in the Middle Passage, and I've been working with her ever since," Daudi told his mother the tragic news and I could see her expression sadden slightly.

"He always said that he would do anything for us, no matter the cost. Kafil was always so reliable... I wish I could have said goodbye, but I suppose I shouldn't dwell on the negatives when I'm blessed with seeing you again."

"And you're Dahlia, right?" Daudi asked, opening the floor up for the lavender-haired teen.

"Yes! I have heard so much about you! I never thought I'd actually get to meet you! I'm Dahlia Pederson. We spoke briefly after I recovered from All for One's attack, but I had no idea you were my brother!" Dahlia seemed so excited to finally meet her brother. The reunion actually served as a decent distraction for me and kept me from making myself sick worrying about (Y/n).

"Well then, I can see you are strong just like your mother," Daudi smiled and gave his newfound half-sister a pat on the head. "I'm glad to see you made such wonderful friends too. I have learned that you don't need to have the same blood to be a family. Your friends may end up just as close to you as your family is."

"You've grown up so much, Daudi. You've become such a wonderful young man... your father would be so proud," Esabell took in Daudi's full image with pride. 

"It's getting late, why don't I take you all back to the Justicia and we can chat some more. Captain Bakugo has had a long day, so we needn't trouble him any longer," Daudi recommend, motioning towards Esabell, Dahlia, Mateo, and Izara. They all nodded and wished me well. I expressed how happy I was for them and bid them a goodnight. I honestly would have rather them stayed because now I was left to my own thoughts.