Chp. 13: The Ultimate Team

(Y/n)'s POV

My mother grabbed my wrist and ran in zig-zags below deck. There didn't seem to be a lot of people on the ship, so I assumed that meant the Bakuhatsu was under attack. I could hear Tomura wailing behind us, so I pushed myself to keep running faster. Eventually we made it to a room with large barrels of gunpowder.

"Get in one of the barrels," my mother instructed. 

"Are you insane?! You might not be real or have the ability to feel pain, but if a flame so much as nears me I'll be dead!" I shouted, not exactly wanting to die at the moment.

"Oh true, you have a good point. Well you're the person here! Think of something!" My quirk-produced mother said, throwing her hands in the air. I grumbled and softly hit my hands against my head. I hung my head and looked down at Todoroki's scale tied to my neck. I gasped for the scale gave me two ideas-- I needed to call for help and I needed to dream. I began frantically rubbing to scale, hopefully sending out a signal to Todoroki and the sirens. My mother raised an eyebrow at my sudden action, but ignored it and stayed on the lookout for Tomura and his crew.

"Mamá, I need you to stay lookout and wake me up if anyone comes. I need to get some more dream tattoos if we're going to have to fight our way out," I explained, sitting down and resting my head on a barrel.

"What? How are you going to keep me present in reality while you're asleep?" My mother asked a very valid question.

"After you and Valentina were taken from me, sleeping became very difficult. So anytime I had a dream about either of you, I would summon you with my quirk and have you stay with me until I fell asleep. It's difficult and it makes it so I can't replenish my energy, but it's what's necessary for the moment," I elaborated, allowing my eyes to flutter shut. Keeping my mom out for so long, especially having had kept her when we went through the strange portal, took a massive toll on my energy, so sleep began to come to me quickly despite our situation. I kept part of my mind focused on my mother, but allowed my  body to relax and drift into sleep.

Opening my eyes, I found myself on the small island I had swam to when I first tried escaping the Bakuhatsu and I was fully aware that I was dreaming. Lucid dreaming was an effect of keeping my quirk running while asleep. It was helpful in the way that I could control most of my dream and therefore have quirk tattoos that would be more helpful when I woke up, but it also kept me from replenishing my energy-- rather it just replaced the energy I would be using to keep my quirk running while sleeping. I would not have the ability to keep my quirk running constantly for very long when I woke up, so I would have to execute my plan quickly.

I walked to the water and closed my eyes again, envisioning a glow shark tail on my body like the sirens of Siren's Chapel had. Having had a lot of practice with lucid dreaming, my dream listening to my command and I dove into the water in a mermaid form. This would allow for me to jump overboard and escape if necessary.

Dreamworld time is much different from real world time-- sometimes it moves faster, yet sometimes slower. The time comparison varies from dream to dream, so I couldn't be certain how long I had been asleep. I decided that the sooner I could wake up the better, so I decided on one last way to help myself on the League. I envisioned tiny jellyfish that could float in the air and could sting with paralyzing poison. I smiled as tiny, fuchsia jellyfish began dancing in the air around me, but something I had not imagined began coming into view. A large jellyfish descended from the sky and leveled off with me. Sitting cross-legged on the jellyfish was a blonde-haired menace that brought tears to my eyes.

"Captain?" I asked meekly, wishing so badly to be back on the Bakuhatsu arguing with him over something insignificant.

"You're always getting yourself into trouble, aren't you, Princess?" Bakugo sighed, looking up to me with a smirk. I let out a short giggled and smiled, feeling comfort from his gaze. "I guess you probably need me to come help you, isn't that right?"