Ch. 9: Liberation Pt.1

Governor (L/n)'s POV

"I still don't understand, didn't we want (Y/n) to be kidnapped by pirates?" Monoma asked. "Why are you so set on trying to find her? She's out of the picture now!"

"You idiot, she was kidnapped before you two announced your engagement! You have absolutely no right to my position! Also, I need her dead. She could take out an average pirate crew with the snap of her fingers," I explained, irritation lacing my voice. The public now knew that (Y/n) was missing and this meant that I was expected to send out an elaborate search for her. I had already sent out some navy vessels, but I knew tracking her down would require more than that.

"You better have the money ready this time, Lisander," A frail-looking man with a hand covering his face whispered into my ear, causing me to jolt in shock.

"Goodness, Tomura! Enter a little quieter, why don't you!" I retaliated, shaking off my jitters. Tomura was the Captain of the infamous pirate ship "The League". I had hired his crew to dispose of (Y/n) after her party, but obviously that never happened. He showed up that day and still expected payment. I knew that I would need him to track (Y/n) down and withheld the money, forcing him to meet up with me again.

"Look, I'm not here to dilly-dally. Give me the money," the blue-haired pirate commanded.

"Yeah, I have the money... but what if I could offer you more money?" I offered, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm listening."

"(Y/n) is still a threat so long as she's alive. I will pay you double the amount I'm handing over now if you can track her down and kill her."

"Make it triple and you have a deal."

"Then it's settled. My men are already on the lookout for her, so try to avoid them. They're all incompetent, so I doubt that'll be an issue. And, like always, this must remain between you and me or else," I threatened.

"Or else what? You really think summoning my greatest fear is enough to crush me? You're foolish, and you're lucky I'm extremely interested in fighting this girl you say is so powerful. I'm leaving, I'll return for my money when the deed is done." Tomura finished. He stepped away from me and turned to his portal-hopping companion. Within seconds, they vanished... and just soon enough because someone began knocking at my door.

"Sir? Are you alright in there?" Sir Tokoyami asked politely. He always made me extremely nervous. It wouldn't be easy to dispose of him without drawing attention to myself though, for he was no one's target.

"Yes, Tokoyami, come in," I responded, a fake smile plastered across my face as he opened the door to my study.

"Sorry Sir, I just thought I heard several voices in here, but it looks as if I was wrong and it's just you and Sir Monoma," Tokoyami apologized and made his exit as I dismissed him. I was going to have to keep an eye on him.

Bakugo's POV

"(Y/n)!" I pleaded, my muscles aching from treading water for hours. I dropped my head back and allowed myself to float for a while, knowing my body was nearing its limits. It didn't help that water was not an element that complimented me.

"I think that's the first time you've ever used my first name."

Sweet laughter filled my ears and I flicked my head around to spot a bubble and four merfolk in front of me.

"(Y/n)!" I sloppily swam over to her, using up every ounce of energy I had left, and put my hands on the outside of the bubble.

"Wow, no 'hello'? Just who is this girl?!" Symphony mocked me. I turned around sharply to give her a glare.