Chp.4: The Bakuhatsu

(Y/n)'s POV

The large pirate ship finally anchored next to the cove. Bakugo begrudgingly took me to the tender he took over here and aggressively rowed over to the ship. After a girl I didn't recognize threw down some chains to be hooked onto the tender, we were reeled up to the deck of the ship. Bakugo got out and I waited for him to help me, but he never did. Rolling my eyes, I careful placed my bare feet onto the edge of the ship. One pirate, seeing the danger in this, rushed over to my aid.

"Woah, careful! It's slippery there! Why aren't you wearing shoes?" The red-headed pirate asked, while taking my hand and helping me onboard.

"Well, some genius decided to kidnap me while I was sleeping. I don't know about you, but I don't tend to sleep with shoes on," I sassed. I was more irritated with the situation now, rather than scared. At this point, I understood that if I played nice I wouldn't be killed. Even if I was to be sold to someone, I could easily escape. I just couldn't get over the fact that this was how I was spending my 18th birthday. A wave of sadness passed over me as I thought about my fiancé, Sir Monoma, and my father. There was no way I could believe Bakugo's fantastical story. My father would never sell me to pirates. After all, he was my father and he loved me.

"(L/n)!" I jerked at the sound of my name. It really bothered me that Bakugo seemed to know so much about me, yet the only thing I knew about him was that he had a quick fuse and could make explosions with his quirk.

"What's your problem, Loud Mouth?" I snipped, glaring up at the pirate lord.

"Um... Miss (L/n)? He's said your name about five times..." the redhead peeped. I blushed a little and mumbled an apology.

"Stop being such an idiot and listen when people are talking to you! Now, I'll say this once, you can stay where you woke up today. We won't tie you up like last time, that was just for precautions," he spoke with the scowl I was certain never left his face. I couldn't help but tease the egotistical pirate.

"Oh, were you afraid of me?" I teased, twirling the damp ribbon on my ripped nightgown.

"Just shut up! Sleep in the cells! See if I care!" He scoffed, throwing his hands in the air and storming off to what I assumed was his cabin.

"He's just tired... he's not normally quite as bad. Why don't you let the girls see you to your room. I'm Kirishima, the quartermaster, by the way. If there's anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask," Kirishima smiled. I relaxed a little as he did so. At least there's one sane person on this ship.

"Ahoy there! I'm Mina, we met briefly when you kicked me in the abdomen earlier, and this is Jirou! Welcome to the Bakuhatsu!" The pink, alien-like girl named Mina cheered. The girl who pulled up the tender earlier stood next to her shyly and I assumed she was Jirou.

"Bakuhatsu? What kind of foreign name is that?" I meant to think my question, but I accidentally said it out loud.

"Well Gorgeous," a yellow-haired pirate seemed to appear next to me out of thin air, "If you must know, it's Japanese. It means "Explosion"— obviously named by the Captain. Everyone in our crew is of Japanese decent," he informed me, adding a quick wink. I lightly pushed him away and chuckled as I went over to the girls. It was a fitting name, but what I found funnier was how un-pirate-y these pirates were.

The girls walked me back to the room I woke up in. Now that I wasn't in a mad panic, I noticed that the room was actually quite nice.