Chp. 14: Immortal

(Y/n)'s POV

"Mija... Mija, wake up! Someone's coming!" My mother whispered in my ear, whilst shaking me harshly. I focused back into the real world and out of my dream, trying to shake off the exhaustion beginning to set in. I stood up and examined my body for where the dream tattoos were. My ankles, wrists, and neck were the most common places so I checked there first. Sure enough, there was an image of a mermaid on my left ankle and my mother told me there was a small jellyfish on the back of my neck. I checked my wrists, but there was nothing relating to what Bakugo had told me in my dreams. I didn't have time to look for it and would just have to hope I accidentally activated it if I ran into trouble.

The closed door of the room was engulfed in blue flames and a fierce looking pirate with scares and stitches adorning his face stepped into the room and glared at my mother and I.

"You two must really be stupid to corner yourself in here. No matter, I was really hoping I would be the one to get to finish off the both of you," the intimidating man spoke in a low, gravelly tone, sending shivers throughout my whole body. My mother stepped in front of me, grabbing one the two swords she had replicated back in my room.

"If you want to fight her, you'll have to get past me first," my mom took a defensive stance and looked the man dead in the eyes.

"It's your death wish," he replied, snarkily.

"Oh Cariño, you have no idea... Death fears me." With those words my mother slashed at his throat, the man barely dodging in time. He took a moment to collect himself, not wanting to lose his composure, but my mother took that time to turn around towards an open barrel of gunpowder and scoop up a handful. The blue flame-user didn't notice what my mother hand grabbed and slung a wave of fire towards her just as she threw the powder. Explosions crackled in mid-air, my mother not budging but the man shielding his face. Part of his coat was scorched and his eyebrows furrowed.

"Yee must think yer real clever..."

"I've been getting that a lot lately."

"Well, now I know your little trick and I won't let it happen again," he growled, sending out more flames towards my mother. This man, however, was unfamiliar with my mother's quirk and was shocked to see more gunpowder manifest in her hands. As I saw the great amount of gunpowder my mother was producing, ready to be hurled at the flames, I made a mad dash for the door, sliding under the fight. Just as I made it out, a great explosion took over the room, connecting with each barrel of gunpowder. I kept running, knowing that my mother could only me defeated if she was pierced through the middle. The ship took on terrible damages on that side, causing concern to erupt and a flood of maintenance crew to rush down to me. My mother rushed over to me, the man she had been fighting no where to be seen.

"I need to be out in the open more to utilize my quirk best," I told my mom, receiving a grunt of confirmation on her side. We easily bested the maintenance workers with our swords and ran up onto the deck. The League had seemed to have taken great damages. There was ice covering a quarter of the ship and unconscious pirates scattered almost everywhere.

"Todoroki! Is that her?" I heard a voice shout from the sky. My face lit up at the reference to the merman's name. I made my way to the edge of the ship and, sure enough, was greeted by the concerned face of the koi merman.

"(L/n)! You're alright! Hurry and I'll make an ice bridge back over to the Bakuhatsu--"

"No!" I shouted, cutting off Todoroki's demands. "I've had the chance to come face-to-face with the man who not only helped organize my death, but the kidnapping of my sister and my mother's death. I'm not leaving until I've avenged my family!" I shouted down at him, ignoring the angry tears developing in my eyes.