Ch. 27: The Caged Bird

(Y/n)'s POV

Froppy stayed in another guest room on the ship-- much blander than my own room. Once she was settled in, I made my way back to my quarters and sat at my desk. I opened the desk drawer and pulled out the scale necklace that Todoroki gave me. Katsuki now kept a tight hold on the other one, along with my locket, which made me feel very secure. I put the necklace back in my desk drawer, but a piece of parchment shoved in the back caught my eye. I carefully took out the paper with slightly smudged ink lettering and held it up in the light.

It read the following:

Captured by Pirates-- Day 1

Today I woke up totally unfamiliar to my surroundings. I soon learned I was aboard a pirate ship called the "Bakuhatsu", lead by Pirate Lord Bakugo. I nearly escaped, but was cornered and then taken back. Captain Bakugo claims that he was rescuing me from being sold by my father to other pirates and that he spoke with Valentina. I'm certain this is all a lie, however his crew has shown no signs of aggression towards me. In fact, him and his crew are quite strange. They speak clearly and seem at least decently intelligent. None appear scruffy, but surprisingly well-kept. There are even two female pirates who are extremely kind to me. I am staying in some well-furnished quarters and the girls gave me some clothes to wear. I'm worried I might grow comfortable here, only to find out what their real plan is. I must keep my guard up.

That is all for today, for I must be quick to attend dinner. I pray that Siri Monoma and Papá will send troops to my rescue soon.

-(Y/n) (L/n)

I laughed at my naivety and complete trust in my father. So much happened when after I came aboard the Bakuhatsu that I never continued my journaling. I looked around my cluttered desk and spotted some blank parchment. I then grabbed my quill and dipped in in ink to begin writing.

Kidnapped by Pirates-- Day "I've lost count because this is my life now"

I discovered what those filthy pirates had been planning all along! I am certain now that I know exactly what they are plotting! I must prepare myself for what is to come. What if Katsuki decides to give me an official position on the Bakuhatsu?!!! What? Oh you thought they were going to torture me or sell me, didn't you? No, it's quite the contrary, actually. Katsuki, or Pirate Lord Bakugo, wasn't lying when he first told me that he was trying to save me from my father and that he had spoken to Valentina. Valentina's actually here right now! Well, not here on the Bakuhatu but she has her own ship called the "Justicia" which is anchored next to the Bakuhatsu. Katsuki helped free her and now she is known as the "Sea Queen". She's so amazing! Papá and the infamous League seem to always be hunting me down, but I am way too remarkable for them to handle. The Justicia and a girl, Froppy, with a frog quirk have teamed up with the Bakuhatsu crew to help take down Tomura for good. Apparently he's been buying children with extremely unique quirks as of recently, which can't be good. I met one of them briefly when Tomura was trying to torture me, and she seemed so melancholic. I really hope we can save them all!

I currently have two dream tattoos, one on each wrist. One is a bird in a cage and the other is a marionette doll. I haven't had images depicting being controlled or trapped in a long time, so I'm confused on why they're appearing all of a sudden. I'm interested to see what they do, but I don't really have a proper excuse to find out. Maybe Katsuki would let me experiment with them on him... he really hates when I do that though. I never thought that I would grow to be so close with Katsuki, but he's really not as harsh as I first thought. Him and I have a lot more in common than I would've thought, and I've learned that labelling every pirate as some lousy scoundrel isn't fair. Katsuki is much kinder and much more loving than my father every was. Katsuki makes me smile even when I'm mad at him. Sometimes I get worried because I know that he will throw away all consideration for his own well-being if I'm in danger, but, then again, it also make me feel all warm inside to know that there is someone out there that cares so much about me. I've read about love, but I don't know enough about it to say whether or not that's what I'm feeling towards Katsuki right now. I think Mamá would really like him though.