CHAPTER 1 Beginning of bizarre

Stranger things

9th February ' 2002,

CALIFORNIA,
It was a normal sunny day in autumn, just as a normal day I woke up at 7 AM and stood by the window to see how my first morning in California would go, looking over the birds chirping while playing with Breeze I had a thought about how my first day at school, Stanford University would go? By the time mom had my breakfast ready whilst I packed my bag. I was ready to move out with a bulk of confidence to make new friends at school and interact with everyone, the street was seen in a rush as it's a city area and the bus came to pick me up.

The moment I was about to enter my school I heard a startling voice that struck into my ears which terrified me like hell, taking it as a usual bomb explosion, all the other students were petrified, then gradually everything seemed like nothing happened and the routine of everyone started.
Everyone in the class was talking about the sound that burst recently but no one showed up interest in knowing that sound, I was kinda curious about the sound but that curiosity also died by the time. I sat quietly on my desk but something was just not fitting the cycle of time.

There is something unexpected that just happened or is going to happen this was a clear indication by the universe.
The breeze was as cold as ice and something unexpected was observed and I bet this has never happened in mankind's history.

The bright blooming day turns out to be cloudy and dark where there was a little sparkle of light and all crows were surrounding it making a special circle of life and it seemed as they were celebrating something very precious. In this sparkle of light, a child was introduced and all the crows were making noise, caw...caw.. but then they seemed to calm themselves by the appearance of the child. It's a girl with black hair and a beautiful dusky appearance she had shiny grey eyes with brown lines running through the Iris. It was a breathtaking moment to mesmerize her appearance.

To my conclusion, there is something about her. How can a child calm the crows? My inner self is questioning me and assuring me of this is unreal.

All this was a momentary glimpse and everything turned back to normal like nothing happened but the child was playing calmly on the bouncer under a rowen tree. For a nanosecond, I believed what I just saw was a dream but turned out to be a reality as I see the same face with the same features.

Out of nowhere, I had thought of knowing that girl more and more, I was close to approaching that girl but by the time, a lady completely dressed in black came towards the baby girl and chanted, "Oh my dearest, Wini!" and took her into her arms moving towards the black Volvo car. There was something that pulled my mind towards the car.
The driver opened the door and they sat in it. I was a sight away from the car and somehow I managed to see her face but at that moment I didn't understand why I couldn't stand in front of her, it felt as if my legs got glued to the land.

On the other side, I believed it is the universe giving me a sign to follow the path.
The car got vanished onto the straight path and I remembered my mom must be waiting for me at home so I quickly made it home. My mind kept recalling her name and in between all this chaos, my eyes were heavy and I dozed off. For me, it was a long day with a novel vision.

Somehow I managed to know that Wini had a beautiful house in the countryside in between plenty of trees. The trees seemed attractive as it's nature's miracle that they were arranged in a complete circle with equal space between two trees and the exterior of the house formed a star. It has a history, there is something deep about it.
She was happily living and grew up with her grandmother and she had a normal childhood, she used to go to school and did many notorious acts, more specifically she enjoyed troubling her teachers.

The grandmother was always there to listen to her complaints. Like every grandmother, wini had the best one! Her Grandma is as sweet as candy but in front of others, she was a little bit strict, when it comes to pampering she's always running the race of Olympic as if wini will not catch her love.

Wini was completely unaware of her origin. She had zero clues about her being a witch, not only this but also one of the powerful witches in her community. There is something her grandmother knows which she is hesitating to reveal in front of wini, maybe she is just a child enjoying her childhood or she is doing this to protect her from a disaster. 
Unknowingly wini performed a terrible act, she had no idea about it. She is believed to be one of the furious witches, whenever her anger goes beyond her peak point, being the most aggressive person, nature starts responding to it and everything changes around her. She can turn the bright blooming day into a dark cloudy one, this is how she was born. This behavior of wini was mysterious to everyone even her grandmother was unaware of it. Even wini herself was amused by this. Normal humans believe as this is the weather shift enforced by nature, it's very difficult for them to understand as grandmother kept the existence of wini as a secret from all the witches and other supernatural creatures. The good thing is her anger lasted few minutes or else the sun would have dawn and people would just make other rumors of earth being destroyed.

Day by day wini was growing up and her beauty was glowing with the running time. She was turning into an adorable child, her smooth sweet voice drives the people crazy when she greets new people. There is something in her voice it directly touches the core of the heart.

As the clock struck at 10, everyone in my home went to sleep including me, I slept with a heavy mind thinking about Wini and was eagerly waiting for the next day to come, to know more about Wini.

10th February ' 2004,

It was a new morning and a fresh start to the day waking up to the thoughts of Wini. I never had an interest in someone so keenly until I saw Wini that made me curious to know about herself more.

Like a normal day, mom made me a good healthy breakfast and walked along to the bus stop, I went to the school, was about to enter the campus looking back at the gate on the street side waiting for wini and her Grandmother to appear so I could just approach them.

Unfortunately, that evening never struck. I was completely overwhelmed by the thought of meeting wini but when I asked their neighbors, they had only one answer ' they moved out of this town ', these lines collided my mind with two different thoughts making me completely blank about what to do next.

All I did was come back home with disappointment and took a nap for a while, After many weeks I lost hope about finding Wini and everything went normal after that day.