CHAPTER 2 Hecatomb

A lost cause

9th July ' 2016,

It happened again!
Destiny brought me to Wini again! They came back to the same place after almost 15 years And for this time I wasn't ready to let it go just like that, I directly reached to wini and her grandmother to know every second detail of them.

Gradually I ended up being a good friend of grandmother and Wini. While Wini was playing, I sat with her grandmother and talked about wini's childhood and other things that made me a question.

Time was running in a customary phase but if we compare it with wini's growth then it seems like time is racing with itself. It almost feels like every year is passing within a blink of an eye.
Wini was now going to turn 15 in the coming week and as always grandmother and her best friend Madison were excited for her birthday. Wini and Madison were childhood friends and wini always addresses her as mad Madi. Madi is the nickname given by Wini. They are always seen sticking to each other as bees and the honeycomb, we can say that they are poisonous too, when someone messes up with them. They will sting you in pain, one special quality they have in common is to trouble grandmother and make her life miserable with fun.

By the appearance of grandmother, it doesn't even look like she is old in fact grandmother always says she has a forever young boon and her beauty will never fade with time. Grandmother loves Madi as her own child and it became a tradition now, whatever outfit grandmother buys, it has to be same as Madi . Madi and wini are always twinning.

Ohhh yes! Madi was attractive too, a description that she had fair tone with dimple on her chubby cheeks with blond curly hair and glossy black eyes. We can say that both Wini and madison were touching the line of teenage, the soul sisters are spelling universe with their beauty.
When we talk about the childhood of wini it was different from others. Every children loves to play with their dolls,toys and castle but wini being wini she was more attracted to the flames and candles. It would be hard to digest if a normal human being doing this, but to the fact we know she was a powerful witch obviously she will step out of her shoes and do weird stuff. Imagine a witch with no idea of her being witch and her normal human bestfriend playing with flames and candles never caught anyone's attention. I believe she was blessed to be unnoticed by any other creatures.

This sounds crazy but what wini did during her childhood and teenage is unbelievable. She melted candles and out of it she created a rock of wax approximately of length into width of 4×9 inches. On this solidified waxed rock using a thin needle and sharp tool, she crafted a rowen tree with an owl. Madi being her sweetheart she helped her in painting and making it vibrant. Wini's acts are always astonishing guess what! She gifted it to her so called favorite teacher Mrs. Alison. Seeing this Mrs. Alison's heart got melted and she started pampering wini with candies and chocolates. Here again she made her enemy her best buddy, after all it's wini we are talking about.

Once wini and the grandmother both went for shopping at near by seaside to The Dream catcher Mall. Hell! She made all the lazy ass run, up and down, as she threw everything that came in her hand to the floor then manager got worried about her behavior and requested grandmother to clam her down or else he will lose his job.

What comes to surprise was all this was done to buy her favorite toy, ahannn here it's an owl not any other type of doll or something. She already had four owl in her collection but this time grandmother refused her to buy the fifth one was little bit suspicious as she never refused wini for anything. There was something about this owl which fully consumed wini's heart and she just got lost into it and yes, wini having photographic memory is a key point for, if not today then tomorrow she will convince grandmother to buy an owl for her. The head of an owl was largely broad, forward facing with big eye,curved bill,sharp feathers and the more about eyes they were round , similar to tube in shape. It could rotate the head all the way round ,which is approximately around 270 degree. It just seemed as if it's an orginal bird we are looking at, and not a toy. Finally she got lucky as to avoid more conflict with manager, grandmother added one more owl into her collection . Wini went home delighted, but the creases of worries were seen on grandmother's forehead. She was afraid of something or I guess more about wini.There is some connection with the house having a shape of star as it has five edges and wini having five owl.Now all this was turning the table upside down as misery are gradually increasing with the wini's age.

Till now the day ran smoothly as no other unusual obstacle occurred but there was something about the evening which was not fitting the law of nature. Usually the sunsets are sweet where the colour of intensity of the light is just enough to calm you, the sun was just like a great big romantic, inspirational fire in the sky. As if a powerful symphony was hushing, becoming more emotional and beautiful as it dies down. The rays seemed friendly, reminding of an old friend waving good bye to you, and you know they are leaving but you are filled with the confidence that you will see them again ,but all this was dilemma we can say illusions.

As we talk about the present scenario it's just opposite of all this the strong wind gusts blowing as the sun is setting and instead of bringing peace to the universe it was like giving indication that something very unexpected is waiting to happen like there is no tomorrow no more sunshine.

On the other hand crows were surrounding wini's home and were becoming very noisy sobbing caw...caw...caw.. , this made grandmother worry more about her little girl. Not to forget grandmother is also a witch she can understand all the indications given by the nature and she decides on performing a protective shield layer ritual to prevent wini from any kind of an evil eye and keep her identity secret. Grandmother wanted to perform her magical rituals but out of wini's sight or else she will have bulk of questions which will remain unanswered, so she decided that her act will be carried out when wini goes to sleep. She has decided the place to perform her ritual it is at the center of her garden just direct to wini's room window so the energy can reach her without being noticed.

To perform this ritual she needs wini's blood, now grandmother was confused on how to get her blood as she is an apple of her eye and can never think of harming her accidentally. With the help of pin she decides to take wini's blood so she kept a pin inside a wini's gloves which she wears and while wini was wearing her gloves see got injected with it and blood started to flow outside due to pressure difference. Quickly grandmother came to aid her with disinfectant and collected a drop of blood in a bowl saying that metal tools are infectious so we must remove 2-3 drop of blood to prevent infection.
Finally she manages to get the key element of the ritual wini's blood! And now she needed a soul to sacrifice his or her life for wini so that she could protect wini from the coming storm.

She didn't want to harm any human or any other living organism.what to do now? Many questions were bumping inside her head. Out of nowhere a crow comes towards the grandmother and bowed down to her with respect and as if indicating that I am ready to sacrifice my soul for dearest Wini.
Finally wini went to sleep so everything becane easy for grandmother to carry out ritual and she was now standing in the centre of the garden with flames in a circle and inside of it the great crow and the grandmother with blood bowl were together performing magical spell to protect Wini. The crow gave up his life in the flame fully covered with wini's blood and this made grandmother emotional too, but at deep inside her heart she felt the breeze of peace and went inside her room to get some sleep.

After a long bloomy day , finally it comes to an end , and mind full of quizes I slept heavy heartedly waiting for the next day to bang.