CHAPTER 5 Spooky Birthday

Unleashing Spooky facts

14th July ' 2016,

Today is Wini's day she was all set to rock the day, Grandmother has to perform a spiritual act as it was a tradition for all the witches when they turn 15 there is some kind of spiritual act they have to perform and take blessings from their great ancestors. Now, this becomes more challenging for her, how she will manage all this without Wini having any idea of what is going on around her. The only thing that is in grandmother's favor is she has the place she needed to perform a spiritual act, and it was her own house as it has trees in a circle and a star type of infrastructure. She has to perform the act in a secret room that remains always locked. To my amusement I thought how comes Wini never noticed this and never questioned about this room? I just assumed she never has free time to notice her surrounding.

As usual, routine grandmother woke up Wini, and she got dressed to leave for school. On the other hand, Madison had an idea of using the theme as a Witch party. Which is perfect for the grandmother to perform her spiritual act. Madi hesitated to share her idea with grandmother, but she had to share, so she can execute her plan. Somehow she gathered the courage to share her plan with grandmother. When she shared her idea, grandmother hugged her heart out and Madi somehow got surprised like without any objection she agreed with her plan, the slight change she made into Madi's plan is the whole house needs to be decorated with a horror theme as she needs to perform her spiritual traditional act. 

Grandmother took the help of Mrs. Alison and Tara to keep her busy the whole day as she had school till 3.25 P.M. After school Tara insisted they should go to her place and from there they will go to a restaurant for dinner and grandmother along with Madi will join them. Wini was somehow hurt as she expected her day to be exciting and at least something different from the usual one, of course, I agree with Wini Birthday comes once a year, so it has to be different from the remaining 365 days. As she had no other choice and agreed with Tara's plan, both went to her place.

Meanwhile, grandmother and Madison got time to execute their plan. Madi is a smart ass I must add this as she made Wini buy her favorite black dress in advance without her realizing as she said she needs it for her cousin's engagement. On top of that, she made sure the dress is there at Tara's place. Grandmother and Madi started the preparation for today's evening, made all arrangements from the entrance to the exit of the house and everything is just perfect.

Let's talk about the arrangements, The entrance has an owl wreath. It is made with supplies including burlap, styrofoam, a sisal doormat, and some raffia. The door is covered with orange paint. Then, once we enter the main door straight into the center of the wall a creepy-crawly wreath is attached, this will make guests squirm. It's made up of rubber bugs and snakes attached to the basic wreath form. The window is the eyes to grandmother's house, as they are painted into an angry eye. Instead of a Birthday tool, the whole room is decorated with spider web, Using plastic spider rings. Using helium balloons and covering them with white cloth a ghost is floating around. The balloons are decorated with scary faces for fun, mostly orange, white, and black colored balloons are used. A coffin is built out of wood, so one can pop out and scare people and with the help of glitter, the plain skull is made glitzy. A broom is placed near the coffin and along with the skull which looks like it belongs to a witch. Along with all the decorations the lights are used minimal only a few dim lights are used and candles. Using a tape player all the witch-themed songs are playing by the artist Occult rock. This is all about the decoration now we drive towards the dinner menu and of course the cake.

Grandmother made a black chocolate witch cake using colorful buttercream and spooky decorations. For that, she used Dirt which is crumbs made from reserved tops of the cake and chocolate water cookies, bone-shaped sprinkles, witch's hat, witch's legs using large red and white striped paper straw, witch's hair using shredded wheat cereal, bats, crow, and googly eyes. To make the evening unforgettable the grandmother made sure the dinner table supports the theme perfectly. She used drippy candles, brooding florals, black roses, and spider light centerpieces using a glass jar. Everyone knows green and purple are witch colors scheme, yet orange seems to get all the love.

The feast cooked is sweet and eats will put a spell on you, and don't stop there. We have got skeleton desserts,  vampire treats, and candy corn galore in our collection of eats. Don't worry the meal is shaped into different shapes. The cauldron cupcakes are said to bewitch cauldron taste best with a beautiful frosting poison, witch hat peanut, butter cookies, cheesy witch brooms, chocolate peanut. For the main course witch's fingers, witches caviar, Bewitched chili, Bewitching stuffed potatoes, crabby sand-witch! Supernatural spaghetti. All this sounds unearthly but appetizing.

Everything is set remarkable only thing is to hold back for few minutes till Wini arrives and grandmother's traditional ritual to accomplish.