CHAPTER 15 Keyed up

Rigid ambient

Life is unpredictable, we are expecting something and as a result, we receive something else. There is one thing we should always learn from our life, always embrace every moment. Wini was going through the same situation as what she has been recently observing in her surrounding, she can understand the reality. She was now able to understand the fact that she isn’t normal. Everything nearby her is always unpredictable. She kept on questioning grandmother tell me the reality, as I can also sense you aren’t a normal human being even if you are then it’s hard for me to accept the fact as you did something with me to divert my mind and within blink of an eye you brought back Madi. Every act of yours is driving me crazy. I need all the answers today with no more lies and distraction.

Today we can say it was Wini’s day she is the commander in the recent scenario. Grandmother tried to change the topic but she failed. As Wini had no patience this time. Wini kept on pressurizing grandmother. It almost seemed like one more word from Wini and grandmother will spill the bean. Wini threw the jar present in the living room, and it broke into pieces, and it seemed as if every broken piece did Sting her soul. That pain was clearly visible in her eyes. Grandmother got worried if she will not be able to answer her this time she might lose her little one. As she could also sense the level of curiosity, and she did understand her questions and is valid as now she is not an infant she can differentiate between what is good for her and what is not. She also doesn’t want Wini to go through a lot of traumas, but she has no option left now. She gathered all the courage and said the words we thought were least expect from her.

It’s not me who brought Madi back. It was you my dear, your one touch was enough to bring her back. I don’t have that kind of energy to bring her back as I can protect her from all the evil acts. Madison is also my child you can understand this well. Wini gave a puzzled looked and added are you kidding me grandmother? Again you are trying to cover it up and this time you showered everything on me should I understand the truth or should I feel the trap. How can I bring Madi back? Are you trying to play word games with me or what? I even wonder now did mom and dad really left me, or you manipulated them and forced them to leave me. Each word from Wini’s mouth was like applying salt to the wound. Grandmother added alright open your ears and listen to my every word carefully now, you want to know who I am right? Then listen I’m a witch, now I know your next question will be how old am I? Then let me be more clear I’m 75 years old. Now you must be wondering how comes I look younger? Here is your answer I have been blessed by my mother with a boon of never getting old as my skin will be as healthy as you can notice right now. The expression on Wini’s face were ghastly.

Grandmother went on and on, you are blaming me for the separation of your parents then let me make it more clear before you blame me know the past. All these judgements based on recent accident is not good enough to criticize me. Sometimes even the open eyes can’t see the truth which is always in front of the eyes. Grandmother seemed furious as she lost control over her words. She completed neglected the fact that Wini is still a little girl of her, and she is the same child who is horrified with the word Witch. All this made her go blank as the surrounding was tensed up, even the day became hazy, the way of light from the sun was gradually decreasing, and the cloudiness was completely indicating the something unexpected to happen. Even the government declared a holiday due to the change in the environmental conditions as this will increases the chances of accidents and will lead to loss of life. Till now the only good thing that took place is Wini still doesn’t have any idea about being a witch.

While grandmother and Wini were still calming their self and gathering courage to accept the situation that just occurred. Sabrina took the opportunity, and she left for the Ukraine to get Dinah back. Sabrina is opportunistic she knew how to take benefit of the situation, this time no spell was there to prevent her from going to Europe as the limit of grandmother’s spell has come to end. The challenge was how to find Dinah as she is the key to find the powerful witch. Sabrina can only find out in the presence of Dinah without her, she will never be able to know about Wini. Sabrina went through all the spiritual books for witches and there she got the solution to find out Dinah. This solution is scarier than we can imagine. Sabrina was in mood as she has removed all the obstacles from her path, firstly creating a raft between grandmother and Wini, secondly she found a solution to get Dinah back.

I’m curious to know will Sabrina break the rule of her community and go against them to get Dinah back? Will she really do what is written in the book? Most importantly why was Madi frozen and how comes Tara never thought of visiting Wini all this time. What are the hidden reasons I need to find them out quickly. There is more that is still needs to be revealed.