♫ 19 ♔

Z=Y/n's Past
"If they find the two of us alone this deep in the forest, they'll start spewing all kinds of nonsense."
───────────────────

⚠️This chapter touches on topics such as abuse, alcoholism, neglect, and abandonment.⚠️
**Read at your own discretion**

_____

Kinro seated himself next to you. "I came to see if you were alright."

"Alright?" You scrunched up your nose in confusion. "Of course I'm alright. Why wouldn't I be?"

Kinro ignored those piercing e/c eyes of yours, choosing instead to focus on the grass. "I watched you skip out on the celebration. I thought you'd get drunk and challenge everyone to a fight."

You hummed, which didn't suggest a confirmation or a denial to Kinro's statement. "I needed some air. It's time to get back now though."

As you made a move to get up, Kinro's hand shot out to clasp around your wrist.

"Don't." He said, and his grip tightened a little. His green eyes finally found yours. "I know you better than you think. We all do. We've learned about you these past six months and you've learned about us too. We're friends, aren't we? It's okay to cry Y/n. I can't imagine being separated from Ginro the way you have your older sister."

"Cry?" You felt like he had just kicked your legs out from under you, even though you were already sitting down. The urge to beat him was strong for saying such a thing, and you're not sure you wanted to fight it.

"I am the Commander of the Cavemen Army. I'm the Fighting Princess. I'm also the damn Warrior Queen. I'm not going to cry. So what if I'll never see Lillian again? So what if we were separated by thousands of years? So what if Lillian, the person I loved most in the world, the person that raised me, is gone forever?"

And suddenly green eyes switched to teal ones, short brown hair flowed down, down, into long golden strands and masculine features morphed into more feminine ones.

From the beginning, you didn't think the petrification phenomenon stretched to space. But there was still always that slight chance, you had hoped.

Now you knew for sure.

You would never hear her talk, or sing, or laugh again. You would never again get to hug her, or talk to her, or say 'I love you'.

You would never see your big sister again.

"I'm not going to cry. I'm not. I'm—"

You yanked your hand free from his grip to dive into Lillian's arms—Kinro's arms.

Kinro didn't flinch or yell out in any way. He only held you while you cried into his chest.

You couldn't remember the last time you had allowed someone to see you properly vulnerable like this. Maybe it was the day Yuzuriha and Taiju left for the Tsukasa Empire. There had been no walls up that day as you hadn't known when you would see them again or what would happen in the time you were apart.

And if Yuzuriha, your best friend, was here, it would be her arms you would cry into. Instead, it was Kinro,

because it couldn't be Senku.