♫ 11 ♔

Z=The Three Thousand Year Cuddle
"It's not like I'm doing it on purpose!"
───────────────────

"Got another one." You called out to Kohaku. You held the clump of iron sand in the air for her to see.

"Throw it here!"

You did, and your favorite caveman caught it easily. She placed the sand in her bag, then resumed to searching for the iron sand in the river.

"Impressive! I think the ogre and the lioness make a great team! Don't you agree Chrome?"

"Yes Senku! Come to think of it actually, we have a lot of monstrous gorillas in our village but none of them are as nimble as Kohaku and Y/n."

"AGAIN, WE'RE NOT GORILLAS!"

"Also, why are we the only ones searching for the sand?" You slowly walked over to where the two boys were relaxing. "How about you two show how nimble you can be and GET TO WORK!"

You grabbed Chrome and Senku by their wrists and flung them in the river. "It's not like Kohaku and I have any idea what to do with the sand! You both are the sciency ones! Start pulling your own weight and help gather your materials before you both mysteriously disappear to the bottom of the river!"

Yesterday, the four of you had started collecting iron sand for your mission that would eventually lead to making an antibiotic that could cure Ruri.

You were more than happy to help cure Kohaku's sister and Chromes...friend? Crush?

Curing this Ruri would put you and Senku in the villagers good books. The faster you can rule over an army of cavemen, the better.

Senku also had his own reason for helping. If he cured Ruri, the villagers would trust him and the kingdom of science would gain a whole lot of new members.

Nobody said you and Senku were great people. Good people sure, but definitely not great. Ruri gets cured and you and Senku achieve your goals. It was a win win situation. Who's gonna complain?

You walked further down the river while Chrome and Senku attempted to recover from the forceful throw so they wouldn't have to face more of your wrath.

You leaned down and splashed through the water trying to find some more iron sand, but something floating towards you caught your eye.

"Huh. I didn't know water melons actually grew in water." You picked up the water melon to inspect it,

...and was very surprised to find a small body dangling from it.

You blinked once, then twice, as your brain tried to figure out what kind of fruit this was. 'Is this a watermelon man? Like, a ginger bread man?'

"I'm Suika." The watermelon man's voice came out barely above a whisper.

Splash!

"Y/n? What was that noise? Did you drop something?"

"Not at all." You shook your head. "Just don't pick up that water melon whatever you do."