♫ 23 ♔

Z=Minecraft
"Look, women are great."
───────────────────

"Can you get that defeated look off your face? It's driving me insane. You know I don't like weak attitudes."

You nudged Senku lightly with your shoulder.

"She's right you know! It's officially the new year and everyone's planning on watching the sunrise together. There's no need to look so sad, Senku." Gen joined you in attempting to get Senku out of his sad mood as the three of you walked towards everyone else.

"We'll figure it out." You nudged him again, harder this time, hoping to knock the defeated look right off his face.

The reason Senku looked so defeated is because for once in his life, science was not on his side. He had tried repeatedly for the past few days to find a mineral that could withstand the heat in the next step of making a cell phone, but nothing worked.

Chrome had even gotten copper from the caves but that didn't work either. And neither did anything else from his storehouse.

"I suppose you are right. If I can't make a cell phone, I can't make one. There's no point in moping around."

When the three of you had reached everyone else, Suika held up her arms to you. "Big sis, can you carry me up the mountain? Suika is so tired."

"Did you stay up all night going through rocks?" You asked her with disbelief, but nonetheless you complied and scooped her up into your arms and began to walk up the mountain with everyone. Sometimes it seemed like Suika worked harder than anyone else.

"It's because you wanna be useful too, huh?" Kohaku smiled at her, moving to stand beside you so you could walk up the mountain together.

"That's right!"

"We're almost there!" Ruri announced from the head of the group.

"Big sis, can you put Suika down? Suika wants to run to the top!"

"Huh? Your energy is back now that I've carried you most of the way, is that it? What about my energy? You've depleted some of it. You are heavier than you look, you know." You almost didn't let the brat go. However, Kohaku forced your arms to release her and Suika took off with a giggle.

Kohaku then grabbed your hand and tugged you past the rest of the group to run up to the top also.

"I'm so glad I get to watch the first sunrise of the new year with you, Wifey."

It had been a while since she used that nickname. "Yeah, yeah, I'm glad I get to watch—hey! The rock in Suika's hand is glowing!"

At the sound of your voice, everyone looked away from the rising sun and towards Suika with shock.

"W-w-why is it g-glowing?" Suika asked, holding the rock far away from her body.

"I can tell you why." Senku took the rock from her hand. "It's scheelite! It glows blue when exposed to ultraviolet light. This is an insane find from the Chrome and Suika tag team!" Senku praised them both. "This is the exact stuff used in 21st century filaments, Tungsten!"