♫ 21 ♔

Z=The Long Awaited Apology
"I don't hate you."
───────────────────

As you ran through the forest searching for the kid, you knew that your main concern was still protecting all the villagers. So when Hyoga, cotton candy, and the rest of the enemies all came into your vision, all running after the kid, you picked up the pace and ran past them at full speed. "Where the hell did she come from?!"

Your plan was to grab the kid, avoid a fight, and get back to protecting everyone.

"Oi! Brat!"

Suika stopped running at the sound of your voice. She opened her mouth to say something, but stopped when something dropped from the tree above her, fell past her line of sight, and hit the ground in front of her.

You're unable to say anything either when you catch up to her. You stared at the dead squirrel for a couple of seconds before everything clicked into place. The deadly gas Senku mentioned was here.

It's probably the fastest you've ever reacted to anything in your whole life.

You hoisted the kid under your arms and took off at record speed. The look on your face had Hyoga and co stopping and letting you pass without even attacking.

"I'm an idiot. I'm stupid. My brain is smaller than Magma's." You maneuvered your way around trees and rocks. "My ego is getting way to big! Who the hell do I think I am, Luffy?! I'm not immune to poison!"

"Ogre! Catch these and get up into a tree!"

"Have I ever mentioned that I am so grateful the stupid scientist exists?"

You caught the masks Senku threw with ease and quickly placed one on the kid and then yourself, before pulling you both into a tree and onto one of the thicker branches.

"Wh-what was that?!" The kid cried. She was visibly shaking from the place where she still is under your arm.

"Poisonous gas." You don't sugar coat it. You carefully placed her onto the branch beside you. "Hold on tight to me. If you fall down, I'm not jumping down to rescue you."

Suika clings to your dress with two tiny hands. You only notice now just how small she is. Smaller than you were at nine years old.

"This is the most you've ever talked to me, you know."

Her voice is slightly muffled because of the mask and because she's lowered it, but you can still hear every word.

"It's because you hate me. And you hate kids in general. Will you like Suika when she grows up? Suika hopes so. Suika thinks you're really cool Y/n!"

"Hate?"

3700 years had scrambled your brain a little.

You had forgotten. The conversation with Kinro had helped you remember.

You weren't like him at all. You were Y/n. You had your own thoughts and feelings. And you had the ability to love correctly.

"I don't hate you. I don't hate kids either. You're nice Suika. You're friendly and helpful. I think your habit of sometimes speaking about yourself in third person is cute. And I think you are the best spy I've ever met even though you are just a kid."