♫ 7 ♔

Z= The Bonds That Bind Us
"Sorry."
───────────────────

*TW//slight mention of abuse*

"Senku." Taiju sobbed desperately. He repeated his best friends name over and over again like it was going to magically bring him back.

Yuzuriha's shaking hands covered her mouth, muffling the heartbroken sobs that escaped her.

Senku was dead.

His left hand was clutched tightly in both of yours. You never wanted to let go. Even when the heat eventually leaves his body and he goes ice cold.

It started raining a few minutes after he died. Despite the clear sky that had been present all day. It was like the earth was crying out for the loss of the only hope it had left.

Your entire body was drenched head to toe. The cold you were most likely going to get in the coming days was probably going to kill you because no medicine and no chicken soup and no stupid scientist meant game over.

You took no notice of the uncomfortable feeling of your hair and clothes clinging to your body. You didn't take notice of anything really, to busy staring into them ruby red eyes begging silently for them to blink, for any signs of life.

Nothing happened.

And nothing was going to happen.

The emotions bubbling inside you were a horrible mix. Sadness. Fear. Hate. Pure rage.

Were you even crying or was it just the rain drops sliding off your face?

You debated on staying here and mourning over Senku's body or going after Tsukasa and defeating him once and for all.

He caught you off guard last time. With his- 'We're the same' bullshit speech he gave you.

You didn't have to do it right away. It could take days, months maybe, until you got the right opening. Even if he was sleeping while you did it. You had enough rage inside to last a lifetime. You'd track him from one end of Japan to the other.

He took your Senku away.

You'd kill him.

you can't.

You didn't feel like the fighting princess anymore. You felt weak. Like you were the same five year old who got slapped all because she wanted to show her Daddy the picture she drew.

In the first few moments after Senku died, you couldn't do anything. You were numb. Frozen in place.

Taiju had picked up a boulder as a distraction while Yuzuriha threw some gunpowder at Tsukasa before grabbing your hand and forcing you to run.

The fighting princess just stood there.

You are the worst trump card in the history of all trump cards to ever exist.

Useless. Useless. Useless.

Never again would you hear him call you ogre. You'd never again not-so-playfully- hit him when he did. He'd never talk excitedly about science again while his eyes sparkled and you'd try to hide your smile before making some comment about how stupid he was.