♫ 13 ♔

Z=Trick The Mentalist
"I am a lot prettier than Tsukasa."
───────────────────

"Do you love it or what Mentalist?" You cackled evilly as you watched Gen use up all his sneaky little energy on the new and improved iron forging system Senku and Chrome had created.

"Oh Beauty...Chan~ I'm just happy to be...repaying Senku Chan for...the ramen~" Gen barely managed to say.

"Heheheh I'll work him down to the bone. It's what the evil mentalist deserves."

"There's no point in doing that ogre." Senku said from beside you. "There's still something I need to ask him."

You whined, "And what's that?" Nothing would please you more than torturing Gen for the torture he put you through on Saturday night TV.

"How're Taiju and Yuzuriha doing these days?"

"Ah, so that's your game. Pull one over on me while I'm...distracted and working away? You're a brave man for... challenging a mentalist to that kind of battle Senku."

"I don't get it Senku. How would he-"

You sent a wide eyed look Senku's way. "No way! Should I kill him?! Break his legs so he can't run?!"

"There's no need for that Feisty Chan."

"What happened to Beauty Chan?"

"Oh? Do you like the nickname Beauty Chan?"

"...No."

"You hesitated~"

"Did not! Now answer the question you sneaky little shit!"

"You wound me with your insults, Beauty." Gen sighed dramatically. "To answer your question, Senku, they're doing just fine! Especially Taiju with his bottomless stamina! But the two of you knew that already, didn't you?"

"Did you hear that Senku?!" You latched onto your favorite stupid scientist and pressed your cheek against his. It reminded you of cuddling him last night. "Our best friends are doing fine!"

You felt like a huge weight had been lifted from your shoulders. Taiju and Yuzuriha were fine. Ever since Senku and you separated from them, even though you may not show it, deep down you were constantly worrying about them.

"What else did you expect from Yuzuriha and that big oaf, Y/n?"

Whether it was because he was just as happy as you to hear about Taiju and Yuzuriha's safety, you didn't know, but Senku called you Y/n and let you hug him for three whole seconds longer than usual before he tapped your hand to let go of him.

"Gen Asagiri, you were ten billion percent onto us from the start. So why let it slip so easily that you're Tsukasa's pal?"

"Because the dynamic changed."

Gen happily stretched his arms now that his shift on the iron forger was done. Kohaku took over for him, but you could tell she was still listening carefully to the conversation.

"When I saw all this."

Gen gestured to the iron forger and some other things the kingdom of science had created. "In all honestly, there was no doubt in my mind that Tsukasa's empire could win. My job was to confirm that you were dead once and for all, Senku. So if I went back and said, 'Tsukasa! Senku's still alive and well!', you'd meet your end soon enough. Even with the fighting princess and all these other mighty people to protect you. That was the plan."