♫ 5 ♔

Z= The Race Is On
"Don't you just look so cute?"
───────────────────

"That seems like an awful waste..."

"Why the heck are you two smashing everything?!"

"Don't know. I'm only copying Senku but smashing stuff sure is fun!" You hurled a clay pot against the wall of the hut.

"We are staging a scene obviously. This way it'll seem like he freaked us out so badly we just took some food and ran off."

Senku stopped smashing stuff seemingly satisfied with his makeshift panic scene.

Taiju hadn't been injured nearly as bad as Senku had led everyone to believe. It was all just part of his elaborate-escape-Tsukasa-and-then-beat-him-with-the-ogre-and-weapons-of-science-plan.

"Hey. What do you mean by that?" You dropped the pot you had been clutching. "I know I lost- well no, I didn't lose. What am I saying?" You laughed lightly to yourself. "Are we really gonna give up on beating Tsukasa that easily?"

"Do you take me for a coward ogr-?" Senku stopped just in time to not feel your wrath. "We aren't giving up but this will make it look like we are. If we can make some weapons of science before he realizes what we are really up to then victory is ours. But if he gets wise to us, game over. The race is on you guys!"

__

"We're gonna hunt for materials to make weapons! Starting at Hakone. Just think of it as a big eighty kilometer adventure."

"Eighty kilometers?" You whined while adjusting the items you were carrying on your back. "How long is that gonna take? An hour?"

"An hour?" Senku repeated in disbelief.

"More like five hours Y/n." Taiju laughed and patted your head.

"Five hours? No! Maybe for freaks of nature like the two of you but remember Yuzuriha and I are here too!"

"Weaklings."

"What was that?!"

"Don't the cherry blossoms seem different?" Yuzuriha stopped the argument before it could even happen. In her hand she held a petal.

"Because the ones we're used to, called, -author Ilo can't freaking spell that- aren't self pollinating."

"So that means.."

"They must have went extinct right off the bat." Senku finished his scientific explanation.

"How can you even tell the difference?" You wondered as you jumped up to grab a handful of flying petals. "Seems the same to me."

"Well they're not, because-" Senku couldn't finish his sentence as the petals you had been clutching were dunked on his head.

Senku stopped walking and Taiju and Yuzuriha couldn't help the laughs that escaped them.

"Don't you just look so cute?" You cooed and squished Senku's cheeks.

Senku slapped your hands away and hurried to get the pink petals from his hair.

"Can you quit your antics for ten minutes?! There is a tyrant after us!"

"Oh it'll be fine." You reassured him with a wave of your hand.

You were sick of hearing about Tsukasa. You hated him. Despised him. Every part of you that previously tolerated him had completely disappeared. How dare he make you cry like that.