Past | Axl 🌟

Requested by @Ya-yeetsy 💕

You were so worried. It was the second day that your friend William didn't come to school. Yesterday, you thought that he was just sick, but now, on second thought, he had been sick but came to school anyways. You were almost sure that something bad was going on, so you decided to go to his house after class. 

You knew William since you were kids, your parents were very religious and used to send you to church. That's where you met him, he wasn't interested in any religious topic and often disappeared. You once decided to follow him and that was the best day you ever had. He was so funny and you became friends almost instantly. You sometimes noticed that he had bruises or wounds, but never asked about it. He had changed so much now, though, but never forgot about you. You were still his best friend. 

After class, you found another of his friends, a black-haired boy named Jeffrey. You asked him about William, but he said that he hadn't seen him.

On your way to his house, you thought about William's family. His siblings Stuart and Amy seem to like you, his mom was always nice to you too, but his father... He apparently didn't like you. You never knew what was his problem, but Mr Bailey could be really disrespectful and didn't even try to hide it. 

You were so lost in your thoughts that suddenly bumped into someone. 

"Are ya gonna beat the cr- (Y/N)?" 

It was William. He had a lot of bruises on his arms and a nosebleed. 

"God, what happened to you?!" you said and grabbed your backpack, looking for some tissues you had in case of emergency. "Wait, don't even answer... It was him, right?" 

"Yeah, it happened again" 

"C'mere" you said before cleaning the blood that was coming out of his nose. "What was it this time?" 

"We had a heated argument 'bout my hair and this- ouch! This is the result" 

You just sighed. It wasn't the first time that you saw him like this. His father was always yelling, insulting or hitting him and you just didn't understand why. 

After wiping his nose clean, you guys sat on the floor, not caring about the dirt. It was a sunny day with cold wind, but it felt nice. There was a comfortable silence between you two, not awkward at all, since you enjoyed each other's company. After some minutes, you looked at him, only to find him hiding his face on his knees. 

"Uh, are you ok?" 

He didn't answer. 

"William?" 

He finally looked at you and you saw that his eyes had tinted red. He was crying.

"I'm so sick of all this" he sobbed.

"I know, it must be so hard for you..." 

"Sometimes I just wanna die!" he said crying even more. 

"Please don't say that!" you raised your voice a little. "You're so important to me that I just can't imagine my life without you! You are the strongest person I know and I admire you so much for that!" 

He stayed silent. Moments after, he couldn't help but lie down and rest his head on your legs. That surprised you, but you liked it. 

"Thank you... For everything" he smiled as more tears came out. 

You stroke his cheek and smiled sweetly. 

"I'll always be there for you, no matter what" you cooed. 

He looked up to the sky, while you still looked at him. 

"Someday, I'll move far from here and hopefully, I'll have a happy life" 

His gaze was now on you. 

"And I'll take you with me"