Insecurities | Steven 💫

Guns N' Roses just finished playing at a bar and it was time to start drinking... Again. You were looking for your boyfriend when you felt a pair of arms hugging you from behind. 

"Sweetheart! I did that drum solo just for you! Did you like it? You saw me? I was smiling at you, remember?" 

You couldn't help but giggle at his childish attitude. 

"Yes, Stevie, I was smiling at you too, remember?" you raised an eyebrow smiling. "That was the best solo I've ever heard!" 

"Awesome!"

You turned around for hugging him. He was sweaty and sticky, but you didn't care anymore. When you started dating, you didn't like touching Steven when he was like that, but he hugged you anyways so you were already used to it. 

"I'll order a drink and then I'll sit with you, ok?" you said. 

"Ok!" he smiled and went to the table where the guys were. 

While waiting for your drink, you heard a male voice near you. 

"Hey, doll" 

You rolled your eyes, knowing what he wanted.

"Not interested" 

"Woah, harsh, are we?" 

"I have a boyfriend, understand?" 

"I'm not jealous, babe" 

When you were about to protest, Steven appeared with a worried look. 

"Honey, is everything alright?" 

"The pathetic drummer is your boyfriend?"

"Excuse me?" Steven said. 

"Y'know, she deserves a real man. Not a kid" 

"What are you talking about?" 

"I'm talking about that a woman like her deserves something BETTER... Actually, anything would be better than you. A failed guy who will never be good enough for her"

Steven was getting visibly affected by the man's words, that's when Duff came to save the day.

"Hey, hey, leave them alone" 

"And who are you to-" 

The man turned around to face Duff, but when he saw how tall he was, he chickened out. 

"Uh... You suck!" he yelled at Steven for the last time before getting away. 

You looked at Steven, who looked like he would explode in any moment. 

"Baby, don't listen to him... You know I don't think any of the stupid things he said" 

But before saying anything, Steven ran out of the bar. 

"Steven! Ugh..." you said before looking at Duff. "Thank you so much" you smiled at him and kissed his cheek. 

"Stevie, are you here?" you said looking into an alley. 

"Please go home, (Y/N)" a sobbing Steven said. "I don't want you to see me" 

"What are you doing there? C'mon, let's go home" you said taking his hand. 

"No!" 

You jumped a little. His expression immediately softened, he had never yelled at you. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry, (Y/N)! I didn't want to do that, I don't know what's happening to me!" 

"Shh, calm down..." you said placing your hands on his shoulders.

After a while of inhaling and exhaling, he looked at you like a lost puppy. 

"Let's go home, alright?" 

He nodded. 

The way was silent. Luckily your shared house wasn't that far and you were able to get there fast. 

"You wanna take a shower, honey?" 

He nodded again. You helped him take off his clothes and when he went to the bathroom, you put on your pajamas. Some minutes after, Steven came back with a towel around his waist. 

"Hi, hottie" you winked, making him blush and chuckle. 

He took off the towel and put on his underwear and shorts. You two got under the covers and you thought that maybe Steven would want some cuddles, but instead, he was staring at the ceiling. 

"(Y/N)... Do you like me?" 

"What? Of course I like you" 

"Perhaps that man was right... You deserve someone better than me" 

"No, Steven, please don't say that" 

"Why not? Look at me, I'm disgusting" 

"Don't degrade yourself that way. You're sweet, funny, very handsome, you know how to always make me smile, you're a wonderful drummer and I could go on all night" 

"Really? You think all that?" 

"Of course I do, Steven... I love you" 

He gave you his lovely smile, melting your heart. 

"I love you too, beautiful" 

You rested your head on his hairy chest and closed your eyes. 

"... And sweetie..." 

"Yeah?" 

"Thank you"