Thirteen (NJ)

Jin was excited the day he got his driver's license. It was a way to promise himself someday he would drive around the world. So tonight, he can't help to love the sensation of being the one on the wheel. The rest of them are sleeping since it's late at night. Of course, he's not alone. Just like they agreed when this all started, he has a partner by his side. And it's his favorite one. Namjoon, who refused to even try to have a driver's license, looks out the window enjoying the view of the city lights far in the background. His whole life he spent it inside Ubers and now here he is.

- So you're a bodyguard?

- Was.

- Really? Like the ones in movies? Wow it sounds awesome! Who were you guarding? Were they powerful?

- Pretty much - He tries to give short answers - But most people don't even know him

- Weren't you ever scared of getting shot or something like that?

Namjoon doesn't answer. He wasn't scared while he was working. He is scared now that he left. Now that he put behind a business you're not supposed to get out of. Trying to change the direction of the conversation, he asks about Jin

- And you? What was your last work?

- Oh well I... didn't really have one. I guess my life have been pretty boring till now. I've never done anything exciting or new or...or outside my house hahaha I wish I was like you! You're like a movie protagonist!

- Believe me, a common life is better than what you see in a movie. Sometimes I just want to-

- ...Hmm? Want to what?...Namjoon?

Not wanting to take his eyes off the road, Jin asks the question but doesn't turn to him. Namjoon on the other hand, feels a cold sweat run down his spine staring at the review mirror. He has to think a way out when Jin talks again.

- Look at this guy behind us! He's driving in the middle of the night with his lights off! Is he crazy?! I should make him a signal

Jin rolls the window down but before he can take his arm out, Namjoon reacts.

- No!

- Jesus you scared me! Why not?!

- Because...why don't we just go...faster?

- We're already on speed limit

- W-Well, in my old job we used to do it all the time. It's four am, there's no one in front of us, the road is clear so...why don't we just have some fun?

It's an illegal kind of fun that he's proposing. And Jin doubts for a few seconds. But curiosity is killing him and he could try it at least once! He agrees with Namjoon and accelerates not noticing the van behind them doing the same. The wind that comes in through the window makes him feel even more free that before.

- We should slow down now so we can make a turn

- Not yet - Namjoon stares at the review mirror - Keep it like this

- But we won't make it to the curve!

- Trust me, just keep going

- I mean we can turn on the next exit since this one is-

- NOW! TURN NOW!

Half scared to death by his voice, Jin makes an abrupt turn to the right that lets them take a different road on the last second. The van goes on through the street they were in before. The adrenaline in his body is not the lovely sensation he was expecting.

-...We shouldn't do that again

- I told you common life is better

- Yeah, this movie-like moves are gonna make my heart stop. Next time let's do something less dangerous

- Agreed.

For another hour they travel with Namjoon being nervous as hell. He knows the van saw the route they took. They know he's going to the beach now. They should change destinations but they already voted. And he should convince one of the younger boys or Yoongi to change their minds. The good thing is, Jin's voice telling him about life helps his relax. Partly because it's so sweet and comforting but also because he loves to see Jin happy. Too bad he just put his crush in danger by being close to him. Eventually, Yoongi and Jimin should come to replace them and drive. But only one of them shows up.

- Jiminie is still sleeping and I don't wanna wake him up. I'll replace Jin while we wait for him.

Yoongi's calmed tone makes Namjoon think that maybe they could have a little conversation about where to go now. Specially when Jin leaves them behind to go rest. If he finds the right words this should work. Or that's what he thinks.

- Hyung, you think we cou-

- Why the fuck was a black van with no lights and no plate number chasing us?

- W-What?

- By the way you yelled at Jin to turn I'm guessing it was your idea to get us out of that one.

Yoongi stays quiet waiting for an explanation. Meanwhile, Namjoon wonders if he should just jump out of the moving vehicle. Apparently, his Hyung was awake when that happened. Or he woke up with his voice. Either way, he suspects something and he needs to act relaxed.

- We were just playing around with Jin. We didn't even noticed the van

- Good. Now explain it again. This time with no excuses.

- That's what happened.

- Kim Namjoon, arrested in 2016 for fraud and in 2018 for armed robbery. Don't hide shit from me.

- You're a cop?

Namjoon reaches out for the gun under his shirt. But he has no time to take it out before Yoongi responds.

- I told you, I just fix computers. And unlike Hobi I use Google when someone acts weird. Now...who was after us?

- I...I don't know

He lies. Even if Yoongi is a cop he's probably a low range one. He doesn't have the power to go against this people. And he doesn't seem interested in arresting him either. Yoongi sighs knowing he won't get anything out of him.

- Okay. But I'll tell you one thing. Whatever shit you're in, you should fix it. Because if a single bullet passes near Ji...any of us...I won't doubt to call the police on you.

Namjoon nods but he can't ignore Yoongi's weak point is certain blond boy with big puppy eyes. And this is the perfect time for asking his question.

- I know where we could be safe...but you should turn left soon...