Twenty Eight (YM)

There must be little to no things in this world that Yoongi hates more than seeing the files in that pendrive. But throughout the whole time he has one thing helping him keep going. Jimin's hand holding his. It's like the younger feels less affected by it. Partly because he got used to see and live through some of the things the files were showing. Without losing eye contact with the computer, he keeps listening to the story. This time it's Jin who continues.

- I talked to a girl in the club Namjoon visited here. 

- You did? - Namjoon feels taken by surprise - It's hard to talk to a specific girl. They switch clubs every few weeks.

- Thankfully she was still here and told me you found someone from the Intelligence Service to help them but...

- He betrayed us.

- By the way she talked to me I knew she trusts you with her life. And still her voice sounded so...hopeless.

- Wait. You know someone in the National Intelligence Service?! Who?! I want full name, Namjoon

- It doesn't matter, Yoongi. People like that have too much power. Junwoo took our money and then stabbed our backs

- Junwoo?! Really? You got the most corrupt idiot in the Service.

- You know him?!

- He's a real motherfucker. The kind that does anything for money.

- So we have no way out of this? - Jin asks sadly - Should we just run away from them?

- Not necessarily. Not everyone is as corrupt as him.

- Oh god... you're part of it, aren't you? I knew you didn't just fix computers!

- I didn't lie about my job. I do only fix software problems. But the computers I fix have the most valuable information of our country. So I get a little more money than others

- A little? Did he forget he got us like three new cellphones?

- Anyways! I know who can help.

Yoo Kihyun is trying to have some sleep in his apartment when he gets a call from his ex roommate. He would love to ignore it and not interrupt his rest but seeing how he helped him get a fake ID just an hour ago he can't help to feel curious.

- Yoongs? Did you get arrested? I'm not lying in court for you

- I got a case for you.

- Uh? Just send it to me and I'll take it to my boss tomorrow. I already have enough work without yo-

- If you take it you'll save a lot of young girls and boys and you'll get Junwoo in jail by the end of it.

That's all it takes for him to wake up completely and sit on the bed. He's been wanting to expose his coworker for corruption for the longest time and would take any chance to do it. Besides, he took this job to help people. Being probably the last person that would ignore an injustice, he takes in the information. Every file ends up being sent to his private email and he makes sure to have a back up just in case. With the information in his hands, he hangs up the phone leaving Yoongi satisfied on the other side. Well...almost satisfied. There's still one thing bothering him.

- In that pendrive you should have everything Tae's mother saved. But my part of the investigation was destroyed when they took me to that police station. And while she focused on the most powerful politicians in the middle of this bullshit, I concentrated big part of my time in the church. I know how they worked behind the scenes and used to have proof but... there's barely any of that left.

Yoongi can't help to make eye contact with Jimin who immediately looks away. Agreeing to go step by step and start with the information they have, they make sure to drive to a safe place where Kihyun can send them people for protection. It's hard for any of them to sleep but they try their best. Jungkook never lets Tae leave his arms, making sure he feels safe. Namjoon is so hurt his body gives up on him and falls asleep as Jin keeps cleaning his wounds. Hoseok is so anxious about being in such a strange position he tries to keep his attention in driving so he can ignore how scared he really is about everything going on.

Closing the computer after hours of reading, Yoongi prepares to go to bed. By his side, Jimin keeps holding his hand as he looks down. Knowing he can't just leave things like this, Yoongi makes him a signal with his free hand so they can look at each other. Of course, he avoids touching him in the process. Keeping a soft and careful tone he tries to have a calm conversation.

- You've been very quiet...Do you want to tell me something?

Jimin starts to deny with his head but soon enough stops himself.

- I...I have proof.

- Hmm? Of what, Jiminie?

- Y-You know...

- Oh...Do you have it here?

He denies and looks out the window. The moon is shining bright and he keeps his eyes on it as he talks back in whispers .

- I have them in a box in my room. But...no one ever listened to me in all this years. Why would they believe me now? Why would someone do something? I just...I want to forget it all happened. I want to ignore it and move on. Is that wrong?

- I...I don't know. I can't force you to re-live that part of your life. Not with everything that implies. It's in you to know if you want to. I think you should do what you feel is right. Maybe move on this way will help you avoid feeling bad again. Or maybe facing it and knowing you'll help others will make you feel better. Or maybe both are true. Whatever you choose to do I'll be here for you. And with or without that box I will make sure they pay for what they did.

Unable to stop his tears, Jimin turns back to him. With very slow movements he gets closer to Yoongi who waits for it patiently. Jimin's arms wrap around him and his face hides in the crook of his neck where he allows himself to cry even harder.

- Can I hug you back?

- Y-Yes please

Like he was made out of glass, Yoongi holds him softly against him. It's such a soft and warm hug, Jimin can't believe how comfortable it feels. For the first time in years he puts his guards down and both of them share a bed. And despite the tears, he can be sure this is the best night of sleep he had in a long long time...