Twenty Two (TK)

It's the last night at the beach. Ignoring what his hyungs are busy with, the three youngest boys start their first artistic project. With all of them having an art related side, they have the perfect idea for it. They know spending their time in this means they won't be able to sleep at all since it's their turn to drive. But you only live once so who cares? The moment allows Jimin to get closer to them and Tae can for once show how he really feels about having him as a friend. Still, the blond can tell he's kind of third wheeling the other two. He can see the way they stare at each other like there's a whole galaxy in their eyes.

Jungkook doesn't even try to hide it. His feelings for Tae are clear for anyone that hears the way he talks and flirts with him. Thankfully, the other is being receptive not avoiding to flirt back. It's sweeter than that actually. They have those little moment where their hands simply touch and the universe stops. The kind of details Jimin can't help to notice and encourage. Happy to be having a time with friends and ignoring the rest of his life for once, Tae puts the best of efforts on this.

- Ah, shit. We ran out of purple!

- Already?! No way, I bought like 3 cans!

- Three? Then maybe we left a bag back at the beach.

- I'll g-

- No! You two lovebirds stay here. Let your Hyung handle this!

Jimin runs his way back to the camp leaving his friends blushing thanks to his comment. Tae's plan is to put that aside completely. But it seems like the whole universe has a different plan. His supportive words make Tae feel at home once more.

- You know, I think Jimin really loved you inviting him. I'm happy to see the two of you well

- Yeah, I'm starting to feel protected in this group. Don't we kinda look like...

Like family, he was gonna say. But the thought of his parents comes back to his head and decides to take his words back. Jungkook however doesn't push him to finish the sentence and instead holds his hand to make him look at him. Face to face with their hearts following the same rhythm, Jungkook tries to find the right words.

- I was thinking...Uhmm...since we'll soon be going to Japan and we don't know how long will this trip be...I mean, before we run out of time I...

- Yes?

- I wanted to ask you i-if maybe...you woukd like to...you know...

- Jeon Jungkook, are you askinge what I think you're asking me?

Like an illusion he doesn't believe he deserves, Tae plays along. This last few days he's been feeling that sensation that used to come to his body whenever he chatted with him. And now that he was gonna be in a different country and free of any danger, he could try to move on. Or at least try to accept his new life doesn't have to be as bad as he was expecting before.

- I guess I am? I mean! We can take things slow! I'm just... I'm just saying we could spend more time together...just the two of us...B-But you don't have to answer now! I'm just-

Suddenly, Tae is so close his breath is hitting against his lips. An impulse dragged him to move forward and show the other boy how much he wants this as well. And maybe in an universe where Tae has good luck they would've had their first kiss. But this is not that universe. A blue light hits him right in the face and without losing a second he turns around.

The police car makes Jungkook frown for being interrupted. He's okay with facing the cops seeing how his future boyfriend turned his back on them. He can deal with them! He's done it before.

- Put your hands up where I can see them and turn around! Both of you!

- Hey, chill! - Jungkook obeys - We're not doing anything!

- You think you can ruin our city walls with your paint, kids? You should spend the night with us and see if violating the law is that funny

- It's just art, man! It's not like we killed someone!

Oh, well that might be a lie. If they see Tae's face in detail he'll be fucked. And maybe before he would've taken it but he's not alone. He could put the boy he loves in danger by accident. He considers running. Not because he wants to escape but because if they shoot him by the back he'll give enough time to Jungkook to go the other way. A million things go through his head none of which is helping him stop his panic.

Like a hero without a cape, Taehyung sees someone run his way. His eyes connect with Namjoon's. For some reason his Hyung looks just as desperate as him. Under the police insistence, he swallows hard. This is it. He has to turn around. He could die. All because of his family...