Twenty Three (NJ)

Jin takes a deep breath before entering that place for the second and last time. The music is too loud for him, the men there disgust him and the lack of clothes in people makes him feel self-conscious. For once in his life he won't use a check and takes out some cash instead. Making others think he's not uncomfortable at all, he asks for a girl. And not any girl. He asks for the same one he saw Namjoon with. Waiting for her in that room has to be the most uncomfortable thing he ever had to do. But the moment she appears he knows he'll finally get the answers he needs.

Back at the beach, Namjoon smokes a cigarette tired of overthinking about his situation all day. He would love to get distracted with Jin but he can't find him anywhere and it's getting really late. Soon Hobi will end up calling them to have dinner and most of them are not there. Suddenly, one of the boys comes back. Jimin has a smile on his face and enters the van looking for some paint. Ignoring his blonde friend, Namjoon takes the news paper on Hobi's bed looking for something to read and get distracted with. He can't help to read the most attractive news for him. The police section.

The moment his eyes scan the title his heart hurts a little. He was expecting it. But that didn't make it hurt less. That woman's picture was exposed for the world to see. And together with her, the husband. Both dead. Well, at least that bastard was off the map. But that only means the police aren't scared to go after anyone at this point. A memory of the last time he met her comes back to mind.

She wasn't that old but looked incredibly tired. Maybe that was the reason for her to betray her husband and hand Namjoon something as delicate as that. Taking out her pendrive she made sure he could copy all the information. Those files are the reason why he's running now. But she looked so relieved when she allowed him to have that copy.

- Can I ask why you're doing this? - He asked - After all this time having access to it?

- For starters, I didn't have the hope this would work. Not until I heard about you.

- I guess no one was stupid enough to go against your husband.

- He's not the one you should fear, boy.

- If there's someone scarier that him out there...why are you even giving me this? You'll be in danger if they-

- I'm already in danger at home. And I can take that violence for more years if I have to. But my son... I'm doing this for him. He deserves a better future.

The love in that woman's eyes when mentioning his son made Namjoon feel different. That boy was lucky to have a mother like her. He comes back to the real world and takes the newspaper again. To see what kind of lie they made up to cover up her murder, he keeps reading.

- Blaming the son? They're so fucking shitty...

He would go on cursing their name when suddenly he sees the face of said boy. And not only the picture but the name. With his hands shaking he takes a closer look. There's no mistake. No way to confuse him with anyone else. Standing up so fast he gets a little dizzy he looks for Jimin who's holding the purple paint.

- Jimin! Where's Taehyung?!

- I almost got a heart attack, Namjoon! Why are so despe-

- Tell me where the fuck is Taehyung, now! I need to talk to him!

- Uh... he's with Jungkook doing the graffiti? Remember where we went this morning?

Not needing any more details, Namjoon runs out. He needs to talk to him. He needs to confirm his theory. For some reason he needs him to reassure him who he really is. A part of him still can't believe it. However, when he finally finds him, he stops in his tracks. Jungkook is talking to the police with his hands up and Tae is giving them his back. From where he's standing he can see Tae perfectly. Their eyes connect. He can see the panic in them. And in that moment, Namjoon takes a decision. He gave up on this already. He knows he's gonna end up dead anyways. The least he can do is give Tae one chance to live a good life. Like his mother wanted.

Before the cops can get to the younger, Namjoon intervenes. They can't believe their eyes. They've been looking for him so much and he just appears in front of them?

- Hey you blue bastards! - Namjoon enjoys the moment - Too busy with shit like these to find me? You really are the worst pigs in this world!

Taking their attention away from the other boys, Namjoon laughs and insults them more to proveoke them. But his laugh won't last for long. Just a minute later he's in handcuffs. Jungkook tries to complain but they won't listen to him. And Tae...he can't look that way directly now. But he saw Namjoon's eyes before. Something in them told him he knew what was going on.

When the police finally leaves, Tae allows the panic to take over him completely. He stops seeing what's around him at all. His world breaks a part piece by piece. He was never this scared in his life. Just like what happened with Jimin, he can't intervene. He can't help Namjoon. He can't even understand why he has to go through all this.

Jungkook reacts the best way he can, taking him back to the group to ask for help. Hoseok is the first one to see them and immediately leaves dinner aside to help. Tae can hardly breathe or stand on his feet. He feels completely lost. Thankfully, there's someone there that knows how to deal with these kinds of things. Jimin takes the lead giving Tae space and guiding him through his panic attack. Opposite to what some would expect, it works. The blond might be a little crazy but he can handle those situations...sometimes.

- Okay, what the fuck is going on over here? - Yoongi asks trying not to sound angry - What kind of trouble did you guys got into?

Before they can answer, Jin appears. He looks more serious than ever and wants to see Namjoon but Jungkook is the one to explain why that won't be possible.

- He was arrested

- Arrested?! - Hobi screams - Is everyone in this group secretly a danger to society?!

- Hobi hyung! He didn't do anything! He...I mean he did insult the cops but still!

- We need to get him out of there

Jin sounds so scared it doesn't look like him. But how can they blame him? He just spent an hour listening to a crazy story from a girl that seemed to have all the answers about who Namjoon really is...