Fourteen (YM)

A few days in the forest and the seven boys enjoy the most of it. Jimin draws sitting near a tree when Yoongi sits by his side. But the younger ignores him. He's still angry about his last minute change of mind. He really wanted to go to the beach! But now he is surrounded by trees. He likes it but... it's not the same.

- You still won't talk to me?

-...

- I'm sorry. I promise we'll go to the beach soon. And there we can buy all sorts of things for you and the kids.

"The kids" are basically Tae and Kook who keep asking money from him and he can't say no. Jimin can't understand what is up with him. He can tell he's always close but not too much. Even now, he's keeping some distance which makes Jimin feel comfortable but also...confused. A part of him enjoys it but another part is ready to beat the shit out of him if he crosses the line.

- You better not have second intentions because my heart already belongs to someone else

Yoongi opens his eyes wide. He never saw Jimin near someone else. But he doesn't say that. He looks down and nods.

- Don't worry about that. He's a lucky boy.

- How did you know I'm gay?

- Eh? Ah, I just...Uhmm...

- Anyway, I'm the lucky one.

- Is he okay with you being here? On a long trip away from him?

- I'm always away from him. It's a distance relationship.

- Oh...how distant?

- Who knows? - He sadly whispers - I wish I could figure out where he is exactly. I hope...I hope I can see Suga again someday

Yoongi chokes on air and starts coughing. By his side Jimin laughs as he gets closer and pats his back. After drinking some water Yoongi can feel better. Hearing his old nickname come out of Jimin's mouth was not what he was expecting at all. And the younger boy stares at him with a smile wondering how could he choke on nothing.

- You okay now?

- Y-Yeah

- So...wanna see my drawings?

The change of subject makes Yoongi doubt for a second. He wants to know more. What can he remember? Is it everything? Just a part? Is he really that changed that he can't recognize his face? It's been many years so it's not that crazy to think so but...he recognized Jimin immediately.

- Show me

- Ta-dá! I know I should be drawing the trees and the pretty flowers, but I can't help to draw the little I remember about the sea. I was very young when I went! I was with a friend and with my parents! We were really happy that weekend...

His tone dies down a little with every word. And Yoongi notices but doesn't say anything about it. Instead he reassures him again

- I'll take you to the beach again. I really wanna see-

- The waves? The sunset there?

Yoongi's real answer stays in his head. He wants to see Jimin's smile. Nothing else. He couldn't care less about what's around them when Jimin is near. But of course he can't say that out loud. He could scare him and that's the last thing he needs.

- Yeah. The sea.

- Jiminshi!!

- Jungkook! Stop calling me that!

- We're competing on who can climb the tree faster! Come on!

After Yoongi asks him to be careful, Jimin leaves him behind. From where he is, the older watches at the Kook and Jimin compete. Taehyung isn't that fan of heights so he stays down taking pictures of them. At least both boys seem to be pretty strong so they both can do it. Even though Jungkook is a little faster and does it record time, the other insists on trying again. While he makes sure the three of them are okay, Yoongi's mind keeps processing what just happened.

He remembers their trip to the beach when they were kids. And by the way he named him like a distant boyfriend is not what he was expecting. He was so sure Jimin would hate him. But no. Jimin's eyes were shining when he said his name, there was a blush covering his cheeks and his voice sounded sweeter than ever. Yoongi could die right now and he would die happy. To know Jimin has such a pretty way of remembering him. He doesn't know why the boy keeps lying about his family, about them being actual boyfriends. But to just know he wants to find him again makes him want to cry.

Once he can keep his stupid heartbeat calm again, he walks up to Namjoon. These days should be enough for him to fix things up. Or that's what Yoongi thinks, unaware of what this is all really about.

- Everything under control? The kids wanna go to the beach

- You could say so...they won't look for me there. We've been hiding well here for now. But...just in case let's not go the most popular fucking beach there is.

- Sure. And...you won't explain anything to me?

- No. But don't worry. We'll be fine. You should be more worried for those two over there - he points at Jimin and Taehyung - Jimin has some problems in his head I'm sure. I saw him taking some pills the other day

- Yeah...

- And Tae is just...weird. there's something about him.

- Well, no one came after us because of them. So I don't feel like violating their privacy right now

- But with me you do!

- You were too obvious to ignore, bro

Yoongi's tone helps Namjoon relax. His hyung doesn't sound like a bad person at all. It's like he doesn't care what he did with his life and all the mistakes he had. Instead, he just wants to keep the group safe. On the other side of the place, Jimin looks at the two of them talk from the top of the tree and can't help to think...

- He kinda looks like him...