Chapter 13- Their Candidate part 2

A/N: SOOOO I know I have been away for a few weeks and IM SO SO SORRY, but im back now and I am trying to get back into the routine of writng. Now I will say this is only HALF of the rest of this chapter and I will try to write the rest tomorrow or Tuesday. I hope you guys like it. Sorry its really short but, I had some slight writers block but I know what im going to do from here now and should get the last half of this chapter to you guys in the next day or so. 

K, love you all hope you enjoy whines8

*****************************************************************

I sat there in my seat for a few moments as I mulled over Cole’s words wondering what it was he had waiting for me up in my room and wondering if I should ask for it now or hold off until later. I was mostly wondering if I should be nervous at all because knowing who the gift was coming from I felt I had a right to be. It seemed anything involving the unpredictable brother made me more than nervous. 

“Come on Doll, it’s not that hard of a question. It’s very simple actually,” Cole said with a smirk, that made me narrow my eyes. He knew he was making me nervous and he couldn’t be more proud of himself.

Not wanting to give him the satisfaction of getting the reaction he obviously wanted out of me, I went to speak up only to be interrupted by Marla as she entered the dining room once again, “I’m sorry to interrupt, but your parents are on the line in the study and  are requesting to speak to the three of you. They said it’s about next weekends dinner with the council. Would you like me to take a message?” she asked to all three brothers to which each of them gave a look to each other before resting their gaze on the old maid again.

“No, Marla that won’t be necessary,” Cole said first, his gaze being the only one still locked with me while Kendall and Jayden proceeded to stand from their individual seats, “Yea, Marla just tell our parents we’re coming,” said Jayden with a lighthearted smile before turning to look at me, “I’ll see you tomorrow Love, and I’m glad you liked the gift,” Jayden said as he walked over to take my hand before lightly placing a gentle kiss to its top.

I gave a small blush as I smiled up at the sweet brother, “Goodnight Jayden,” I said softly testing the brothers name for the first time out loud. Jayden gave another smile at my words before walking to follow Marla out of the dining room and down the hall. 

“Well, brother, me and Jayden will stall mother-dear while you finish giving your gift to Amelia, but don’t take long you know how mom hates waiting when it’s about business,” said Kendall before walking around to stand in front of me just as his brother Jayden had done only moments before, “Make sure you wear that necklace tomorrow Darlin’, I like how it looks on you. See you tomorrow morning,” he said before quickly leaning forward and placing a light kiss on my temple shocking me with surprise at his sudden gesture, “Goodnight Darlin’.”

“Good-Goodnight Kendall,” I spoke in a slight stutter as I tried to get my composer back from his goodnight kiss. Kendall gave a satisfied grin before walking out the dining room entrance and down the hall to meet his brother. 

As soon as Kendall disappeared and his footsteps became not even an echo in the long hall, I suddenly became very aware of the silent room I was in and whom I was in the room with. For some reason I already knew Cole was still staring intensely at me and that made me reluctant to face him. 

“So about your gift, seeing as I have something else I have to do now, I’ll make the decision for you,” I heard Cole’s smooth voice say from across the table making me finally twist to face him again. 

I didn’t have time to respond to his words since he was already up out of his seat and walking lazily towards me. His smirk was still taking over his lips and his hands were tucked inside his pants pockets as they always seemed to be. His dark orbs held the same mystery they always did and it made me even more nervous as I accidentally became lost in them. 

It seemed every time I stared into Cole’s dark eyes, I became caught up in the intensity of them. It just seemed so many things were swirling behind those deep depths. The mystery that engulfed his eyes was both intriguing and scary. Which was probably the reason I felt so uneasy and uncomfortable around him, I never really knew how to feel.

Just when I thought he would stop in front of me, like his brothers before him, I was shocked when, instead, he walked right past my chair and towards the dining room entrance. Twisting to see him, I went to ask where he was going only to have my unasked question answered for me, “Don’t ask any questions, just follow me to your room,” he said simply before continuing to walk out the dining room and into the hall. 

When I didn’t hear his footsteps pause to wait for me, I quickly jumped up from my seat and rushed out of the dining room as well and tried to hurry my pace to catch up with Cole’s long relaxed strides. With my heels clicking off the ground, I finally came up beside Cole and silently walked the rest of the way towards my new room anxiously anticipating the gift that awaited me.