Chapter 17- Another Restless Night part 2

I know, I know, its been like ages. sorry my lovely fans and readers. I hope you guys are happy with this chapter. I hope you keep following the story and I hope you guys vote and comment.

Enjoy Whines8

*******************************************************************************************

Chapter 17- Another Restless Night part 2

As soon as his face came into clear view, I immediately relaxed... Slightly. For a second I’d thought it was Cole, but thankfully it was his playful identical brother Kendall. I could tell by the small mark above his left eyebrow. I blew out a breath as I realized who it was, “Oh, Kendall, you scared me I thought you were...” 

“My brother Cole I’m guessing?” he said with a breathtaking grin that made him look even more attractive and I found myself nodding in response to his answer without even thinking about it; probably because I was a little mesmerized by his handsome face. 

Kendall gave a deep chuckle as he started to move towards me, “So, darlin’ what are you doing walking around the house at this time of night, since it’s obvious you weren’t trying to run. I like the shorts by the way,” he said, with a glint in his eyes. His light tone coming out playful as he stopped a foot or two away from me by the island.

I subconsciously took a step back, suddenly bumping into the side of the island, “I just needed a drink, I couldn’t sleep,” I explained slightly stuttering and clutching my bottle of water in my hands as he took a few more steps closer to me. He was now standing incredibly close, so close I could smell his rich scent and feel his cool breath against my skin. Swallowing back nerves, I gazed up into his deep dark eyes.

Kendall exhaled through his nose as he looked from me to the bottle in my hands before slowly taking the bottle out of my grasp. Not knowing what else to do at the moment and a little dazed by his close proximity, I stayed silent and watched him as his big hands twisted the top off the bottle, “Here you are,” he said softly and went to place the bottle back into my now lax hands.

When I didn’t make any moves to grip the bottle, Kendall smoothly brought his eyes back to mine, “Darlin’, you alright?” he asked with his head tilted a little and a charming but knowing grin as he gazed down at me. If I had to guess I would say he knew exactly what he was doing and my reaction was most likely satisfying him greatly. His taunting tone snapped me out of my trance and I went to respond, “Ye-yes, yeah I’m fine. I was just ...” I tried to come up with something to say but didn’t get to finish my embarrassing rambling as Kendall interrupted me with another deep but soft chuckle.

Without saying a word, he shook his head in amusement before gazing back at me, “You are so adorable,” he said and before I knew what was happening I felt one of his large hands gently grab onto mine and lightly open my fingers to place the bottle of water firmly back in my palm. I took in a quick breath as soon as I felt his touch and went to look down at his hand, which was still lingering on mine, but was stopped by his other hand which went straight to my neck before slowly sliding down to the necklace that lay around it. His fingers brushed across his gift to me; lightly grazing my skin in the process.

My body, to my dismay, gave a pleasant shuddered in response to his actions and as my eyes threatened to close and sink into his touch more he spoke in a soft whisper next to my ear, “This necklace really does look incredible on you,” he said huskily as tingles shot down the length of my neck where his hand had once been.

Beginning to feel overwhelmed by the entire situation, I gave a quick shake of my head finally bringing sense back to my out of control body, and hurriedly took a few steps back away from the island. Gripping my bottled water tightly now, I turned my eyes away from a very amused Kendall as my face heated up with embarrassment. 

What the heck was wrong with me? I thought in confusion while silently cursing my body for betraying me. I heard him chuckle again, something he seemed to be doing a lot of tonight, which in turn made my face heat up even more. I couldn’t believe I reacted like that towards a simple action. Granted he made that one simple action seem more sensual and smooth then normal, but still I felt unbelievably irritated with myself.

Suddenly feeling like the huge kitchen was now smaller than ever with Kendall standing only a couple feet away from me, I decided I was more than ready to go back to my room now. Reluctantly, I finally let my eyes fall back on Kendall who was giving me an intense star; grin still in place upon his full lips, “I’m going to go back up to my room now...” I said, my voice trailing off as I turned to walk around the opposite side of the big island.

I tried to keep my eyes forward as I walked towards the opening of the kitchen to leave and once I was safely around the island I quickened my pace; rushing into the low lit hall to head back to my room. 

When I was a ways down from the kitchen, I exhaled letting go of the breath I hadn’t known I was holding once I knew Kendall wasn’t following me. When I reached the upstairs and was in front of my slightly opened bedroom door, I finally let myself relax before stepping into my new room and shutting the door softly behind me. Leaning my back against the closed door of my room, I closed my eyes and gave a sigh of relief before reopening my eyes to take in my large room.

Placing a hand over my heated forehead, I tried to calm my shallow breathing and also try to understand what had just happened. 

Glancing down at my opened bottled water, which was still gripped tightly in my hands, I thought back to Kendall in the kitchen. Was I going insane? I asked myself as I replayed the little moment we had in the kitchen again. It baffled me how easily it was for him to get that kind of reaction out of me. I barely knew him, or any of his brothers for that matter, not to mention they were vampires. But those facts didn’t seem to matter whenever I was in either of their presence, and what just happened down in the kitchen was evidence of that fact. 

It scared me to think that either of them could have the power to make me feel like I have no control over my body or how it reacts to them.

As I walked back over to my bed and sat down on its edge, Marla’s words came streaming back into my head once again, “Your feelings for each of them is what will make your stay here difficult. When the time comes you will start to question yourself and your feelings for each brother, whether those feelings are good or bad...” 

Now more than ever I believed her words. 

What was I going to do...

TO BE CONTINUED...