Chapter 3- The Job offer part 1

CHAPTER 3- The Job Offer part 1

Despite my many failed attempts, I still could not get to sleep for the life of me after I had decided to call the guy from the park, named Cole Sullivan, about his job offer. Instead I laid there on my bed as my mind shifted from worrying about what I was going to do in the next few hours to wondering what this job he was offering really entailed and who this guy, who may end up being my boss, was all about.

I know the note on the back of his business card said the job was for a personal assistant position, but technically a personal assistant can be hired to do multiple things and I was curious to find out what exactly he needed a personal assistant for. I mean I'm sure, if his job is as demanding as I would guess, wouldn't he have a personal secretary? I also wondered what he would actually have me doing, it's not like I know anything about being someone's personal assistant unless the duties were more along the lines of coffee runs and lunch pick ups.

The thing I wondered most about and was still wondering about as my small studio apartment began to brighten fully from the suns raise was who this Cole Sullivan really was. From our short time spent sitting beside each other in the park yesterday I sensed he was a kind person and from the way he looked and carried himself it seemed he was surprisingly well off for his age, plus the very expensive designer suit and watch he wore said he was of some kind of importance. 

But other than those small observations I gathered about him, Cole Sullivan was still a mystery to me. I didn't even know what he did for a living; he could very well be some high-class mobster for all I knew.

Shaking my head at myself I rolled my eyes at how ridiculous I sounded. All this wondering and guessing wasn't doing me any good. Especially when I knew I had the number in my hands to call him. I'm sure all the things I'm wondering about will be answered if I would just call him already. 

Turning to glance at the little clock sat on my floor again I read the time to be just a little after six in the morning. Knowing I couldn't afford to waste any more time, I quickly got up and rushed the few feet to my small bathroom to wash up and get dressed. I didn't have a landline or a cell phone so I was going to need to use the pay phone about a block down the street from my apartment building.

Walking into my tiny bathroom, I stripped off the holy oversized tee shirt I was wearing, dropping it to the floor as I went to turn on the shower. I stopped suddenly as I caught a glimpse of myself in the medicine cabinet mirror from the corner of my eye. Turning to face the mirror I narrowed my eyes at my reflection. I looked so stressed out and tired. One could tell I haven't really slept in the last twenty-four hours. My hazel eyes looked dull and I could see the small bags under them showing evidence of my restless night. 

Shaking my head irritated at just how depressing I actually looked, I grab the hair tie out of my hair and placed it on the corner of the sink and let my dark brown hair fall down my back. Turning back towards the shower, I quickly turned it on and waited for the hot water to spray out before stepping in. 

It only took me ten minutes to shower and get dressed; I left my hair damp and down to air-dry while I brushed my teeth. Finally done, I hurried over to my bed and grabbed my bag, making sure to also grab the business card with Cole's number on it, and went to walk over to my front door to leave when a loud knock sounded through the old wooded door.

My face paled and my eyes got wide with panic as I stood frozen in place listening to the person on the other side begin to speak, "Amelia! I know your in there I'm here to collect my money so open up!" it was Tony and he sounded like he was in an even worse mood then the last time I seen him.

I cursed under my breath as I stared at the door. I thought he wasn't going to show up until later tonight, what is he doing here so early? I thought to myself as I began to look around the room, my panic rising as Tony began to bang on the door loudly. My wide eyes rested on the three small boxes and the two duffle bags sitting beside my bed I had packed up last night. My nerves spiked as I thought what would happen if I opened my door and told Tony that I didn't have the money. I had a bad feeling he would try to kick me out of here immediately and If that happens I won't be able to carry all those boxes plus my two duffle bags full of all my clothes.