Chapter 22- Evening Dinner part 2

Here is the next half of this chapter. No this chapter is not done there is still another part to come. I hope you like this chapter though and PLEASE VOTE and COMMENT. Oh and if there are mistakes please let me know. 

Thanks and Enjoy Whines8

*********************************************************************************************

Chapter 22- Evening Dinner part 2

“Well, you are stunning and what a beautiful name,” Eleanor said kindly.

I gave a small smile at her words, “Thank you,” I said even though I didn’t agree with her compliment. In all honesty I felt a little inferior amongst this beautifully perfect family and not just because of their physical appearance; it was more than that. Where the Sullivan’s were obviously refined, certainly accomplished and seemingly polished to perfection, I was the complete opposite. I felt incredibly out of place, I didn’t feel like I really belonged in their elite world. I was just a plain girl they pulled up from the dumps, I was nothing special; not even the expensive dress I wore could shield that fact. 

Smoothing down said dress a few times, I tried not to show my insecurities, “Why don’t you sit down?” Nolan said his voice coming out just as deep as his sons as he gestured with his hand to the only empty seat at the table, which was across the table from Nolan at the other end. 

Obediently, I stepped over to the table and pulled out my chair to sit. When I was settled, I placed my shaky palms in my lap and sat up with my shoulders back as I looked around the table towards the guys and their parents. If it wasn’t for the guys telling me so, I never would have guessed that Nolan and Eleanor were their parents. They looked so youthful, their skin vacant of any wrinkle lines. 

Seconds later, in walks Marla and trailing behind her are the kitchen staff. She stops near the entry of the dining room and gestures for the cooks to continue to the table. As they place our plates down in front of us, I take a look at its contents. To my delight a porterhouse steak lay atop the cleaned porcelain plate grilled to perfection and beside the delicious twenty-four ounce steak were four long stems of asparagus. The kitchen staff also placed a couple serving dishes filled with warm rolls, fresh butter and salad in the center of the large dining table. 

Glancing up from my plate, I looked to the guys as I remembered our first meal together or rather as I remembered how bloody their meals were. Getting a little worried that my appetite would once again be stripped away at the sight of bloody steaks, my eyes instantly locked onto everyones plates in panic. To my surprise, I was slightly relieved to find that their steaks seemed to be actually cooked this time around and their was no signs of blood filled flute glasses either; just tall glasses of fresh water. Letting out a breath I didn’t realize I was holding, I relaxed a little in my seat, grateful that they had kept their promise about not having blood at the table if I were present.

Seeming as to have heard my thoughts Jayden gave a gentle smile towards me, “We remembered love,” he said to me in his sweet deep voice drawing attention back to me at once.

“Remembered what?” Eleanor asked innocently curious as she glanced from her sons to me. 

I suddenly went tense as panic rose inside me. Looking wide eyed from Jayden to Cole and Kendall, I silently begged them not to elaborate on Jayden’s earlier comment. I didn’t want their parents to get offended and I had a dreadful feeling that them hearing I requested their sons not to drink blood or eat anything remotely bloody in front of me would do just that. I was only asking them not to do something that made them who they are; yeah I was certain their view of me would change.