Chapter 44 - At A Crossroads part 2

Okay, you guys I hope you enjoy this chapter, the reading of the contract is in this chapter so if you don't like a lot of wording then sorry ahead of time. Anyways, to all of you who were waiting for the update all week, sorry I had a lot going on this week with my kids school, but I finally got it done and I hope you guys like it. Don't forget to comment and vote and make sure to tell a friend or two about my book. Sorry for any errors... you know how it is sometimes. lol 

Whines8 (Whitney)

**************************************************************************************

Chapter 44 - At A Crossroads part 2

Amelia's POV

Terrified. That's how I felt the moment Cole told me what the paper on my lap actually was and I wasn't just terrified because I knew it was a contract, no, it was more than that. The fact that this contract resting on my lap was created and written up by the brothers' parents had me exceeding terrified and moving on to petrified. I couldn't believe this was happening all over again. Just when I thought I was starting to get my life back on track, or at least next to the track, here comes the Sullivan brothers to ruin my life once again.

My eyes shot down to the paper and I hesitated for a few beats. In my frazzled mind, picking up the thick white paper meant the contract and everything it held within it would automatically become real and set in stone no matter if I signed it or not and I just wasn't ready for that... I wanted a few more seconds to pretend things weren't about to get even more complicated in my life than they already were.

After a few more seconds, I reluctantly made myself pick up the paper, letting out a long shaky breath before my eyes looked around the room at the men before me one more time.

"We're going to give you a moment to read over the contract, read it carefully, Amelia," Jayden said as my eyes locked with his, "We'll step out into the stairwell... maybe get Anthony to make us some drinks downstairs so you can have some privacy," Kendall replied next with a light smile as all three of them got up and began to walk over to the front door.

I watched silently as Jayden opened the door and one by one the brothers exited through the threshold. As Cole stepped into the hall he stopped suddenly and looked back at me. He didn't say anything, not one word; his dark eyes only gazed down at, boring into me as if he were trying to tell me something without actually telling me. My heart thumped a little faster as he continued to stare and I didn't really know if it was from the situation at hand or something else entirely.

Nevertheless, I didn't make a sound either, instead I let my eyes stare back at him, waiting for him to say something... do something, but instead he waited a few more moments before finally continuing on his way out the door and closing it behind him.

I sat there on the cushion of the section for a few long minutes, just staring at the closed door, not really wanting to look down at the paper that was now clinched in between my fingers. But, I knew going over the contract was inevitable, the brothers were going to be back soon and I had no doubt they would be expecting an answer or better yet, for them anyway, my signature at the bottom of the contract.

So, with skeptical eyes I slowly leaned back into the cushions of the sectional and silently began to read over the deal that was created for me by the parents of the men who manipulated me into the last contract I had signed:

I Amelia Taylor, agree to the terms and conditions that will follow in this contract on this day of September 2015. The terms and conditions pertain to the Deal written and created by Nolan and Eleanor Sullivan, which states: