Chapter 24- Evening Dinner part 4

The room stayed quiet for a long time after Mr. and Mrs. Sullivan left. Sitting in my chair, I let my mind run over everything the Sullivan’s had told me. They were asking a lot from me. I mean, I already knew about the guys bringing me here in hopes of me falling for one of them, but I hadn’t planned on falling for none of them at all. I had made up in my mind that I would stick out the contract agreement and after my year was up I would leave and never look back. But, now as I think about everything that’s happened in such a short amount of time, I wonder if I will be able to make it out of this house without looking back and most importantly I fear feelings for each of them might hinder me from carrying out the Sullivan’s request.

Because as it looks right now with my feeling a confusing mess, I can’t see myself choosing between them even if I wanted to and if I couldn’t choose between them now, what will happen after I’ve been around them for an entire year? 

The way it was looking, either way it went I would be disappointing all of them. I had no idea what I was going to do.

I was pulled out of my confused thoughts by Cole calling my name. Looking up from my hands in my lap, I’m surprised to find him not looking at me, but instead his dark eyes were trained on Jayden, “It’s getting late, why don’t you go on up to your room,” Cole spoke; his eyes never leaving his brother. 

Looking from him to Kendall, who was also narrowing his eyes at Jayden, I wondered what was going on. Turning my gaze towards Jayden, I went to ask but immediately stopped as soon as I saw his face. As if it had stayed there the entire night, Jayden yet again had a smug, proud grin plastered on his perfect face as he stared down his two glaring brothers across from him. 

Not liking were this situation was obviously going and definitely not liking Cole’s tone towards me I set my shoulders and narrowed my own eyes in a glare towards him, “It’s not late and I’m not a child Cole, I can decided whether I’m ready to go to bed or not.”

Cole’s jaw visibly clenched as if he was trying to hold back his temper at my retort. Instead of responding to me he signed in frustration and glance to his side at Kendall. Kendall leaned forward in his seat a little as he looked over towards me, “Look Amelia, Cole and I need to speak with Jayden... in private... so if you don’t mind...” he tried to say with a lighthearted smile but I could tell it was forced.

I could tell the tension between the them was rising and I began to worry. With everything that had happened tonight and what Eleanor explained to me still fresh in my head, I already had a lot to deal with. I really didn’t need them going at it over me.

“...Is everything okay between you-” I tried to asks but was cut off by Cole’s deadly voice, “Leave now Amelia,” Cole hissed out as he finally tore his eyes off of his brother to stare his black eyes at me.

Taken aback by his sharp tone, my mouth went wide with surprise just as Jayden, who had been silent the entire time, shot up from his chair with eyes full of anger, “Watch how you talk to her Cole,” Jayden threaten his demeanor and tone reminding me of Cole instantly.

Cole then also shot up from his seat, the chair falling backwards as he did so, “You think you can tell me how to speak to her just because you shared a kiss with her, brother?” Cole said as his eyes blazed with anger.

This was getting way out of hand, I didn’t want them fighting with each other and I felt like it was my fault they were. The guilt that had struck me earlier was back again full force as I sat silently in my chair amongst the fighting brothers and the worst part was, they knew exactly what happened between Jayden and I; they knew it and they were pissed about it. 

“Why don’t you let us talk love,” Jayden said as he eyed his two brothers.

Not waiting to be told again, I quickly stood from my seat and rushed to the entrance of the room. With one last guilt filled look to the three brothers all staring heatedly at one another, I walked out of the room and down the hall.

As I walked down the vacant hallway with my heels echoing off the marble floors underneath me, I tried to catch what they were saying, but unfortunately not a sound came from within the dining room as I walked out into the foyer. Only silence met my ears as I took the large staircase to my room, walked in and closed the door behind me. 

Laying in the mist of my blankets and pillows on my bed a few minutes later, I silently wondered what tomorrow would bring.

TO BE CONTINUED ...... NEXT UPLOAD WILL BE IN ONE OF THE GUYS POV’S YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!