Chapter 53: Out With The Old Life... In With The New Life Part 2

SO, it seems this last chapter of this book is quit long. I will have to break it up. This is part 2, you all have already read part 1 and I will be writing a part 3. I hope even enjoys. Don't forget to vote and comment. Also please support me on all my social media platforms. Go to my Wattpad profile to see the links to those and my blog.

(Let me know if I missed anything, errors and mistakes wise)

I love you all and hope you really like how the chapter is going so far.

*********************************************************************************

If I had to put what was happening into one word at this very moment it would be, silence. That's how evening dinner started and that's how it has stayed for the past half hour. Everyone around the table was either in their own world or just plain old not making any moves to speak to one another. Not that I was complaining really, since I wasn't really in a talkative mood myself since earlier this morning, but for the Sullivan's not to have anything to say around the table was odd. Even if it was bantering back and forth or Nolan and Eleanor scolding their children for something or another, none of that was going on. Besides Carmela and Anthony, who were normally in their own little world, everyone seemed distracted.

At the head of the table Nolan and Eleanor were having some type of intense conversation and seeing as the table was quite wide and longer in length then the average dining table, I couldn't make out anything that was being said. Kendall was staring at his lap, he's been that way since dinner began and I was starting to think that maybe it was a cell he was lingering on and not his lap. But, what was very clear was the fact that with every few minutes that went by his face seemed to get more and more stressed looking.

The only true noises in the formal dining room were that of the whispers of Nolan and Eleanor, the giggles and hushed tones of Anthony and Carmela and the huffs of breath from Kendall. The serving staff hardly even made a clatter as they took our plates and replaced them with another.

I was beginning to feel restless, I didn't really want conversation, but I was beginning to feel awkward as I just sat there looking around the table at everyone in their own little bubbles. I wondered what had gone on between this afternoon and now that had everyone, besides Carmela and Anthony out of sorts?

Besides my obvious observations, there was one thing that really caught my eye and for some reason had started to nag at my brain by the time dessert was served and before I knew what I was doing I loudly cleared my throat and asked, getting everyone's attention, "Just wanted to ask... is there a reason why Jayden and Cole are not joining us for dinner?"

At my question, everyone's imaginary little bubbles seemed to have popped as they all looked towards me truly for the first time since dinner started.

Jayden's POV

Typical. Typical that my brother would be MIA for dinner and I'd be the one asked to go find him. I swear, I have been so close to throwing Cole threw a wall these last few days. He's been more unbearable then usual and that's saying a lot. I've searched all over the estate and still no sign of him. God, he was really working my last nerve. If Cole messes up my time with Amelia this week there will be no holding me back from causing him bodily harm.

I've grown tired of Cole's charades and it's time he stopped acting like a total idiot. We need Amelia and if her agreement to marry all three of us is the only way I can have her then, I don't need anything getting in the way of that, and that includes my brother. He was either going to be for it and start treating Amelia like she should be treated or he was going to deal with it and play along. Either way something was going to give tonight and I'm going to make sure of that once I find him.