Chapter 2- A Restless Night

Sorry so short, I will be posting again tomorrow night; I just wanted to put something up for you readers. Hope you enjoy.

Chapter 2- A Restless Night

Staring at the time on the cheap digital clock that sat on the floor between my bed and the floor lamp that was placed next to my window, I lay watching the numbers tick away slowly; painfully reminding me of what was nearing in the few hours to come. 

 I’ve been awake for a while now; I haven’t really slept at all. I did more tossing and turning then snoring and after awhile I had just given up on trying to get any sleep, deciding to lay here in the hopes that I’d drift off soon. But that didn’t happen; instead I’ve been torturing myself with worried thoughts as I tried to figure out what I was going to do. 

I knew for a fact that me going to a shelter was out of the question; I swore to myself a few years back that I would never put myself through that again. All the rules on when you are able to come and go were not my thing. Not to mention the sickos and weirdo’s that seemed to be present just waiting for a chance to assault you while you slept in the night was not an inviting feature. 

I had no family or friends to call on and ask for help, not that I wished I had any, friends and family are over rated anyway, I thought to myself as I twisted to lie on my back and stare up at the cracked ceiling. 

Giving a deep sigh I tried to think of any other possible options, “What the heck are you going to do Amelia?” I whispered out loud to myself. I was running out of time and my options were more than limited. 

Bringing my hands up to rest on my temples, I began to massage them as a nagging pain started to erupted at the front of my head, I was giving myself a headache thinking so hard. Knowing that I would never get any sleep at this rate, I slowly got up from my bed and made my way over to my small bathroom to get some Aspirin.

 Turning on the light switch quickly, I opened my medicine cabinet above the sink only to be disappointed when I found it missing the pain medicine that I was in need of. Giving a frustrated groan, I closed back the cabinet with more force than needed annoyed, “You got to be kidding me,” I said out loud as I stepped back out of the bathroom rubbing my temples again as my headache began to worsen.

It seemed as though the world was slowly coming against me. Everything wrong seemed to be happening to me lately and I didn’t understand why. All the heartache, pain and problems I’ve had to deal with in my life, one would think life would give me a break for once. But no, instead it seems life wants me to suffer more and I could say for a fact that life was getting exactly what it wanted.

Feeling another nagging pain rip through my head again, I tried to think of another place that I might have placed some painkillers.

Thinking quickly, I spotted my bag lying at the foot of my bed and rushed over to it, picking it up with one hand as I sat on the edge of my bed before dumping the contents out on top of my blanket. I had to have something I could take to subside this tremendous headache, I thought as I search through the items I had poured out onto my bed only to stop suddenly when I came across a small white business card.

Headache momentarily forgotten, I picked up the small white business card and stared down at the silver engraved words on the front. I instantly remembered the beautiful mysterious guy from the park and how kind he was to me as I told all my problems to him. Turning the card over I reread the back of the card again ‘Looking for a personal assistant, if interested call me tomorrow morning’. Looking up from the card, I thought about what the mysterious guy said before walking away from me at the park. He said he had a feeling my luck would change very soon; I wondered if this proposal is what he was getting at?

Flipping the card around in my fingers I considered calling him in the morning. I mean what did I have to loss? I needed a way out and this guy was giving me an out. And what can I say, I was becoming desperate now, I had exhausted all of my options and for some reason, unknown to me, this guy was willing to help. It didn’t hurt that he was extremely good looking and trust worthy, I wouldn’t mind working for him at all.

Concluding that I would call him in the morning, just to see what he was talking about, I push everything back into my bag that I had poured out earlier and laid back down on my bed pillow, my headache dimming, as the possibility of my luck actually changing for the better set in.

TO BE CONTINUED...