Chapter 15- Fear of Being Afraid

hey everyone,  sorry its been so long and sorry for the short chapter but this is like a filler so I hope its not too boring. Anyways, I would like to thanks all of my followers for being patient I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoy.

Whines8

****************************************************************************************************

Life is full of wonders, mysteries and things that can be scary. Life can also be confusing and complicated, and right at this moment, what I used to call my otherwise meaningless and tragic existence, is now more complicated, confusing, and scary then I would have ever thought it could be. And to be perfectly honest, the mystery of not knowing what will happen to me in the months to come made life all the more scary. 

There are things in my life that I have always been afraid of, like knowing I’d always be alone and would probably never have the chance to know what it feels like to be cared about or loved for that matter, was one of my biggest fears. But one thing I never have been afraid of was life in general. I had never been scared of what life had in store for me or what mysteries life held for me because I always knew how my life would turn out and how it would always be. I knew it would always be just me so I always knew my life would most likely end with me being alone as well.

But now as I sit on the corner of my bed staring at the mystery of gifts Cole left for me, I began to realize a very important fact.

My thoughts were instantly cut off as a knock came to my bedroom door in that moment, pulling me out of the trance I had seemed to fall into. Taking a deep breath and shaking my head just a little to clear the thoughts overtaking my mind, I raised from my place on edge of the bed and went to the door to pull it open.

Standing on the other side of the door was Marla whom greeted me with a light smile before speaking, “I hope I’m not disturbing you dear?” Marla said kindly as she stepped into the room.

Walking back over to the edge of my bed, I took a quick glance over towards the table in the nook where Cole had placed my gifts before twisting my vision back towards Marla, “Um, no your fine. I was just... thinking is all,” I told her and to my surprise Marla’s kind smile became more of a knowing one as I spoke.

Giving her a questioning look I narrowed my eyes towards her, “Is there something wrong?” I asked her in confusion as I tried to figure out what she was thinking.

Marla’s smile returned to her lips as she shook her head, “No dear, not at all,” she said before stepping out of the room quickly only to return with items in her hands this time, “I just came to bring up you gifts from the dining room, I thought you might be wanting these,” she explained as she handed Kendall and Jayden’s gifts to me.

A smile of my own made its way to my lips as I reached for the gifts and set them beside me on the bed. In all my wondering about Cole’s mysterious gifts I had forgotten to retrieve the others. Looking down at the box of art supplies from Jayden I started to remember how sweet he was. His gift was so thoughtful and made me look at him in a different light then before. 

Gazing down at the small box the once held Kendall’s gift, my hand subconsciously brushes over the necklace that lay atop my chest as I remembered Kendall’s story and his reasons for giving me the necklace. Him showing the soft side to himself had me looking at him differently also. The two brothers seemed to really put a lot of thought into each of their gifts and it made the gifts all that more meaningful. 

I was still surprised that both brothers turned out to be nothing like I had figured them out to be and that fact had me smiling all the more. 

“Thanks, Marla, but I could have gotten these myself,” I told her honestly, but Marla dismissed my words immediately.

“Oh, dear it’s quite alright, it is my job after all and besides I wanted to inform you that tomorrow the estate will be empty for most of the day. The Sullivan’s have to take care of some business and won’t be back until late evening. But no need to worry I’ll be here.  Now you are requested to join the brothers in the dining room for breakfast tomorrow before their departure. I will come wake you two hours before so you can freshen up. Your things you brought with you are now in the closet for you as well,” she explained before making her way back to the bedroom entrance. 

I didn’t respond to the information Marla gave me, only because I was actually relieved to know the brothers would be gone most of the day tomorrow. After a night like tonight, I needed some time to fully process everything that has happened and everything that could possibly happen in the days to come and I knew I would never be able to do that with the Sullivan’s around. I needed to figure out how I was going to handle the situation I was currently in and I needed to wrap my mind around what was being asked of me. 

“Ms. Amelia,” I heard Marla call my name from the door opening of my bedroom and looked up at her, “Yeah,” I said a little surprised seeing as I thought she had already left.

Marla’s kind smile she always seems to wear, fades as a look of sympathy clouds her features, “The gifts are just the beginning my dear, I don't think u realize just how difficult these next 12 months are going to be on you.”

Her comment had me confused and I let my confusion be known, “What do you mean? You were the one that told me how sweet they really are and how they aren’t as bad as I make them seem. And I’m beginning to think you were right, the brothers or at least Jayden and Kendall seem like sweet guys so far. I’ve almost completely forgot they were even vampires,” I said to her as I still tried to figure out what she meant by the statement she made only moments ago.

Marla gave a sad smile towards me, “Dear, I’m not saying your time here will be difficult because you should fear the Sullivan brothers. Actually its quite the opposite," surprised at what she said and more confused then ever I stood up and walked to stand in front of her, “I’m not understanding...” I told her honestly.

Marla walked a little closer to me and placed her hands on either side of my shoulders, “Your feelings for each of them is what will make your stay here difficult. When the time comes you will start to question yourself and your feelings for each brother, whether those feeling are good or bad. Good night Ms. Amelia.”

With that she turned and left leaving me frozen in place as her words danced tauntingly around my mind. Never had I been so scare of the unknown in my entire life. Never has life been such a mystery that the very thought of what could happen and what could be made me so afraid. 

I’ve never been so afraid in my life and it wasn’t because I was afraid of the Sullivan brother, even though I had every right to be. Instead the not being afraid of them is what had me scared the most. I was afraid that Marla’s words were completely true.

I was more than afraid. 

TO BE CONTINUED .....