Chapter 4

Oh Sangil stared at his agent expectedly as the younger male strode to his office early in the morning; and he was surprised to say the least.

Firstly, the latter wasn't wearing an agitated expression as he usually does, nor was he radiating the loneliness and sadness the older male had often seen in him. He seemed to be in a lighter mood than the older male had ever seen him in. He recalled the first time he had met the young man; although he was in his early 20s at the time, he looked like a broken and lost child. Sangin was merely a worker in the NPA at the time. He received a favor from his old friend to chipped the young man in and put in a good word for the director at the time, but because of his background, the director was reluctant to hire him as an employee. After pulling a few strings, Sangil was able to get the young man an internship, and not long after, a stable job. Sangil watched him grow to be a strong and dedicated agent, but he always seemed to carry a sense of sadness and loneliness within him. His coworkers often looked at him with sympathy; they had learned about his upbringing shortly after he had joined the police force. He made a few friends while working here, but even so, he always seemed to be standing alone on a desert island.

Sangil motioned for Jihyuk to the couch as they both sat down. His secretary had come in with two cups of newly brewed hot coffee. Sangil took in the aroma of the coffee and blew on it before taking a sip, eyeing the young male curiously. Jihyuk was looking at his coffee before taking a long sip, not aware of the director's stare at his figure. Sangil put down his coffee and cleared his throat, making the younger male turn his attention to him.

"How did it go with your latest client?"

Jihyuk put his coffee down and addressed the director with a slight bow.

"It was okay, sir. Jieun ssi seemed to be a down to earth person and is easy to work with. She agreed to work with us as we investigated her case. I hope you don't mind, but I have shared the files that I have gathered regarding the case with her so she could get a better understanding of the case."

Sangil waved his hand in dismissal. "Of course it's alright. She needs to know what she's dealing with. She's a young and nice girl; Aigoo, it's not fair for her to be dealing with all this. Especially when her career is going strong. It would be very unfortunate if it were to be jeopardized." Jihyuk nodded his head in agreement. 

   ''You are to report anything you find to me and to her only. It's no use telling the other people on her team, as it would just alarm them. However, it is all right if she chose to tell some of them herself. " Sangil took another sip before placing the cup back on the table and leaned back on the chair, crossing his legs and placing a hand on his knee.

"Her manager, Sangin hyung, and her stylist seemed to be the closest to her. It might be easier to keep her safe if they know what's going on." Sangil nodded at the younger male's remark and his expression changed with what Jihyuk assumed to be a mixture of amusement and curiosity.

"I'm glad that Sangin has asked us for help and specifically asked for you to handle IU ssi's case. I'm sure you are relieved to be given this case. After whatever happened back at Bodel pharmaceuticals, that is."

Jihyuk looked at the older male in surprise before answering, "Yes, sir."

Sangil gave him a soft smile before getting up and strode to his desk, with Jihyuk following behind. Sangil picked up an envelope and handed it to Jihyuk, whose expression was full of confusion.

"This is the file that I got from Sangin before he left for Daegu yesterday. It's all about IU ssi's schedule, her preferences, her hobbies, her projects, and information on all the people she has worked with. It is important for you to learn about this information if you're going to work as her bodyguard. Sangin figured you were too shy to ask her about them yourself, and he knew you preferred physical copies instead of mail, so he took it upon himself to prepare this for you."