Chapter 13

Author's note (please read): In this chapter, there are mentions of our angels (Jonghyun, Sulli, and Goo Hara) as they were Jieun's friends. I wanted to dedicate this chapter to them as well as express Jieun's grief for them. We all know that Jieun was busy with her schedule and she had said in an interview that she didn't even have time to grieve for her friends because of her hectic schedule. So I am trying to describe Jieun's feelings and how she grieves as much as I can. If this chapter is sensitive for you, I suggest you skip this chapter, and if my writing somehow came out offensive, or if there is a lack of description for them, I sincerely apologize.

Also, just a reminder, the cast of the movie "Dream" in this book isis all made up by me, except iu herself and Park Seo Joon.

          Needless to say, after they began to sleep in the same room (they decided to take Jieun's room since it was bigger), They hadn't had a single nightmare ever since. Although both did not admit to each other, they found comfort and safety in each other in the night. Their minds were at ease from each other's presence which was why they hadn't had any nightmares in a while. They fell into the routine pretty easily, and it had become a habit.

           The incident at the office had also been taken care of, although they could not find who was behind it. The CEO decided to set up a new system where everyone who works there; who comes in and out of the company, will get checked every time they pass the entrance.

          The police arrived at the scene on the day of the incident and had marked Jieun's office as a crime scene, so Jieun had to move to Hanteo's office in the meantime. Jihyuk reported to the NPA about the incident, and as soon as his message was delivered to the director's office, the director sent NPA officers and agents to secure the place for extra security. Ever since then, there were no more incidents and Jieun felt more at ease, especially with Jihyuk by her side at all times. It was safe to say that wherever Jieun is, Jihyuk was there. People were already getting used to him; particularly the cast and crew of the movie "Dream", since Jieun had spent the entire month at the shoot after the incident at the gala.

          A month has passed; Jieun and Jihyuk also became quite close; it was evident to everyone that they spent a lot of time together inside and outside of work. But Jihyuk knew that there was a line between them that he did not dare cross; she was a star that he could not reach because he was merely the ground. There was a job that he needed to do, which was to protect her. He reminded himself that he should not get close, but she kept breaking down her walls and letting him in; he could not help himself.

          He watched from a distance as she finished wrapping up a scene with one of the costars. She bowed to the production crew, thanking them for their hard work as they began to wrap up the place. He made his way towards her, smiling ear to ear, ready to compliment her yet again on her acting skills. 

           He stopped in his tracks when he saw that the co-star that Jieun was shooting with earlier had his arm wrapped around her shoulders and said something to her, to which she responded with a laugh. The sight of the two of them triggered something inside him as he began to move his feet and walked briskly towards them. He stopped in front of them, his eyes glued to the man as Jieun looked up at him upon his arrival.

           The man raised his eyebrows as he removed his arm from her shoulders and addressed Jihyuk with a fake smile.

          "You must be Jieun's bodyguard. I've seen you around the set."

           Jihyuk bowed politely as he nodded. Jieun smiled at him as she moved to stand by his side. The man seemed to be caught off guard by her actions. "Oppa, I'll see you tomorrow at the set, okay?" She waved at the man before turning around to leave but stopped in her tracks when he caught her arm. Jihyuk stared at his hand a second too long and had the urge to remove it from her arm.